Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D Engine Change

SRSTEVE

Hi all ,

anybody out there had an engine changed in Derbyshire under the extended warranty ? Mine fine at the moment , but you never know !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Had my RAV 4 done 4 weeks ago with the headgasket problem. I have not been given any details of the engine, no spec, serial number. When I picked it up they said the details would be posted on to me from Toyota, but nothing has been sent. Phoned them today and they said that I do not need any details as the engine was the same spec as the original and they now restamp the replacement engine with the original number, Can this be true, or is there a reason they are not providing it? Did you get any paperwork with your engine with serial number, details of what was done etc. I have had some starting problems, very stiff clutch and clunky gearchanges between 1/2 since, they had it back in to bleed the fuel system, they said the gearchange will sort itself out and surprisingly it is getting better with time.

Ant problems with yours?

Interested

Alan

Alan if your dealer repaired your car to Toyota's latest guidelines then you have just had a reconditioned engine fitted this WILL have a new engine number and you do need to report the engine number change to the DVLA, your dealer also have to report this number back to Toyota in order for Toyota to pay them for the warranty repair. Get back on to your dealer an get the number as it is offence not to report the new number to the DVLA. If your dealer still gives you the run around PM your chassis number and i will check the warranty system ans see what they input on the claim.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I am still waiting on an email from Toyota UK about this, I have been using Marshalls at Peterborough for 13 years but their handling of this has been a nightmare, I had the brakes and clutch done while it was in getting the engine change and I have noticed that on the invoice they have charged me for the coolant again (only had it replaced in January) and for gassing up the air con which I thought was part of the engine replacement. Would be grateful for anything you can find out, like you say I may be driving around illegally if I have not notified the DVLA.

Burtal, i would recommend you remove the above post and pm the chassis no. to devon aygo instead

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links