Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Touch 'tracks' Button

tonyb1986

hi everyone, i have a new 2012 toyota yaris TR with the new toyota touch system, i also have an iPhone 4 and iPhone 5, my problem is this, sometimes but not always there is a button that appears named 'tracks' this option allows you to see the songs on the phone via bluetooth audio and select one rather than skipping one track at a time.

like i say it is there sometimes but not all the time, the car has been back to the dealers today to see if there were any updates or if they could work out what was going on with no avail!

has anyone else had/seen this or could possibly direct me what to do next, i have already contacted Apple and they insist its not the phones or their software as it is happening on 2 different models of handsets.post-131407-0-83946400-1368031805_thumb.

I don't own one but the only thing I could think off is that the tracks don't have the correct tags. Perhaps play some songs you know and see if it happens on a particular track then investigate the tags (something like TagScanner in Windows is good for this).

As you have pointed out it could be an error with the device, software, or anything else but the above make sense to me.

they are all tagged correctly, im a bit anal about that lol, its just a bit annoying!

Does it happen randomly or on particular tracks? It might give you a starting point (i.e. one of your MP3's may have a comment or some other initially unseen data in there which is causing the issue - the comment thing has got me before on one MP3 player which caused the track to crash the MP3 player!)

I'm also the same when it comes to ID tags - I'm not trying to normalize the volume on all of my tracks! (fed up of some being quiet and having to change the volume!)

I have this exact same problem - it is not just the "tracks" button, but also the playlist/search function that appears on the top right of the screen.

Moreover, I don't seem to have "system information" under my settings > general tab; thus unable to register on My Toyota.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem - had car for a couple of months and the 'Browse' button on top right and 'Tracks' at botton left only appeared twice. I don't know if it's a software issue and don't know if dealer know anything. Was going to ring them to ask if they can shed some light on this as without those buttons it defects the objective as I have to pick up my phone to change playlists.

I think the registration with My Toyota is only for Touch & Go system (one with the Sat Nav, text messaging etc) but not just for the Touch.