Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Rav 4 Side Steps

Sirbob01

We have recentky purchased a 2010 Toyota Rav 4 2.2D4D XT-R. Can anyone advise the best place to purchase some side steps.

Thanks

Ken

• 6 months later...

We have recentky purchased a 2010 Toyota Rav 4 2.2D4D XT-R. Can anyone advise the best place to purchase some side steps.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken

I am new to this forum and am looking for side steps for my rav4 too. I have the same model and year too.

But i Haven't had any joy yet. Please let me know if you got any luck with the steps. Will be very grateful.

Kind regards

Natasha

Hi Ken and Natasha,

Through this posting of mine I am demanding that our very own Parts King, aka Kingo, contacts

you to help in your search. If sober, he may go on to explain there are now two models/styles of sidestep available to you.....The Auld Wans and The New Wans.

If you intend to fit, or already have, mudflaps, The Auld Wans are slightly less complicated. Aesthetically speaking, The New Wans are nicer.

Welcome t'club both of youz......

• Like 2

There is a non-official MAS (Mudflap Adjustment Service) available of course ;) as Mudflaps are a good idea and look good regardless of the steps you get :)

• Like 2

Hi Ken

Thankyou for your kind information.

I like your profile pic cz it looks just like my rav, same colour, same shape lol.

I am new to the forum and have found it to be very helpful with your reply. I will message kingo.

Take care

Natasha

Aye lassie......but the name isnae Ken, ken......? It's Kev, ken........?

Need stronger pills..........

Kelvin.......

• Like 2

Kelvin.......

But he won't be confused with Kelvin Klein, that's for sure :)

• Like 2

Kelvin.......

But he won't be confused with Kelvin Klein, that's for sure :)

Pants.......

• Like 1

Take a look at this site:

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/toyota-rav4-2006-2013-accessories

The aluminium and stainless steel running boards are very good quality, very robust and easy to fit.

Having bought a Rav for a neighbour with pattern side steps, and witnessed non Toyota side steps on another vehicle recently worked on, I can see why Toyota steps are more expensive, Gareth........they are MUCH better both in looks and quality.

• Like 1

Kev....yer brilliant! I think they should make you a moderator!

Yes - I'd have to agree that a lot of aftermarket accessories such as side steps are cheap and nasty.

Kelvin.......

Lolllss soooory ,

Thanks Kev, am new on here and bit slow and still learning on how to get to right forum site.

Cant find Smiley face .!! Arrrrrggghh

x

• Like 1

Ken is the English spelling of Kev !!...............hock eye

.............and hock aye had a best pal called Chingmachook, last of the Strange Haircuts.......but he got axed.........and everybody with Osram Nightbreakers got called "white eyes".

Sorry.......cannae sleep for the wind.......and the weather is awful too.........

• Like 1

.............and hock aye had a best pal called Chingmachook, last of the Strange Haircuts.......but he got axed.........and everybody with Osram Nightbreakers got called "white eyes".

Sorry.......cannae sleep for the wind.......and the weather is awful too.........

i would move in to another bedroom Kev, You're going to have to have a word with her………..

• Like 1

Take a look at this site:

http://www.direct4x4.co.uk/toyota-rav4-2006-2013-accessories

The aluminium and stainless steel running boards are very good quality, very robust and easy to fit.

I've been doing a lot of research for our new sidies and have looked at these guys who advertise heavily in 4x4 Magazine. Having had MrT's OEM steps on 3 of our past RAV's I can confidently say that Direct4x4,s kit simply is not in the same league as the OEM steps.

The price is very tempting but as my (Much) Better Half says, "You get what you pay for" and I have to say that in the case of Toyota parts & accessories, this is very true. I cannot fault their quality. I will be buying OEM and have only to decide on the trad design or the eye-wateringly expensive "Stylish" range, as recommended by BK (who clearly is more wealthy than most!). :laughing:

See them previous style wans, Jim......? Dave m made a very valid point as we chatted a few weeks ago..........with the alumnium steps mounted by cast iron bracketry, then mounted t'car by a 40x40 steel angle length..........they surely are heavy.

They make a nonsense of my being questioned aboot carrying a trolley jack in ma boot. The new Premium ones are pretty hefty beasties too, but deffo lighter than the previouseez.

See them previous style wans, Jim......? Dave m made a very valid point as we chatted a few weeks ago..........with the alumnium steps mounted by cast iron bracketry, then mounted t'car by a 40x40 steel angle length..........they surely are heavy.

They make a nonsense of my being questioned aboot carrying a trolley jack in ma boot. The new Premium ones are pretty hefty beasties too, but deffo lighter than the previouseez.

So if I buy the flash git ones does that mean I can quit this bl00dy diet??

No Jim........you must remain pie-less

The "Stylish" wans as BK says, are aboot £100 more than normal wans :eek:

Aftrmarket ones = Pish..........Kev's teaching me Scotchness

As Kev says, I fitted the old style ones to my first 4.3, they are solid extruded alluminium, the weight in them is unbelieveable.

It would be like having an extra adult (large one at that) permanently in your Rav. The stylish ones are hollow and made from

mixed materials and are a lot lighter.

On my 4.2 I had the tube/rockslider type which I thought looked the dogs nuts. There does not seem to be many tube type fitted

to 4.3's on here currently, would be good if someone posted up photos if they had them fitted. Maybeez Andy (SHCM) could be

persuaded ??

Older style on 4.3 -

100_0798.jpg

Tube type on 4.2-

100_0233.jpg

I can't remember there ever being the tube type available on 4.3 models Dave??

Do yours have leather epaulettes? :naughty:

I can't remember there ever being the tube type available on 4.3 models Dave??

Do yours have leather epaulettes? :naughty:???????

Pretty sure that Kev said SHCM has them ?

No Jim........you must remain pie-less

The "Stylish" wans as BK says, are aboot £100 more than normal wans :eek:

Aftrmarket ones = Pish..........Kev's teaching me Scotchness

Does that include mince pies? Won't be Chrimbo without mince pies with lashings of custard!!

I am in a quandry re which steps to go for. I really like the trad ones despite their weight; they are sturdy and look good. I've spent a bit of time looking through the gallery on here at 4.3's and I have to say that the trads suit the lines of the 4.2 better than they do the 4.3 but are still attractive and business-like on the 4.3.

The stylish ones probably suit the lines of the 4.3 better than the trads do.

It is about the looks not the cost; over the length of time that I plan to keep the car (until the warranty runs out in 3.5 years at least) the extra cost is of no real consequence.

Oh, decisions, decisions!!