Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faulty Abs?

anagantios

Hi everyone,

Recently my little Rolla has decided his drivers side front brakes need to lock up under very heavy braking (didn't feel like the abs had kicked in, some numpty nearly had my bumper off pulled out in front of me) and under normal braking I can hear the same one grind, also pulls slightly to the left whenever I've had to brake hard, anyone know what could be causing it? I know the back brake calipers are starting to seize slightly could this be adding to the noise?

Should also say I'm not getting any lights pop up regarding the abs, so don't know if its got a fault

The last 3 toyota cars I have had have had issues with pads sticking on the slides or the inner surface of the disk becoming rusty.

This has caused slight brake pull and poor abs feeling.

Righto, i'll have to have a look at that tomorrow, doing my own "mini service" checking everything is ok, planning a long journey in a couple months...

Checked my tyres, turns out my tyre pressures were all different. Damn potholes. One was 18psi, the rest were 26psi... All sorted now

• 4 weeks later...

After a good look at my brakes, turns out i've got 2 and 1 partially functioning brakes... drivers side rear has seized up and off the disc completely, passenger side rear is vaguely workingPassenger side front is starting to lock onto the disc which is causing the pull whenever i brake, and a horrendous squeal whenever i have to crawl in traffic. Looks like my slider pins are either in need of a good greasing or are completely knackered, or my pistons on the brakes have knacked up... All i have to say is that my little 'rolla is starting to be like Stephen King's Christine, anyone so much as looks at him wrong and he finds something else to cost me money!

Brakes have been sorted today :D

Slider pins on passenger front had partially seized, driver's side had fully seized, and the rears were in need of a good greasing up... now to wash the grease off my hands

Good for you for getting stuck in. My old 1999 Corolla 1.3 didn't have ABS. Maybe it was limited to the 1.6s.

Good for you for getting stuck in. My old 1999 Corolla 1.3 didn't have ABS. Maybe it was limited to the 1.6s.

from searching on the internet, the higher spec models of the corolla had abs, if it was just a bog standard one it didn't have it, but mine is the GLS model, on step below the 2000's facelift model