Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Warranty Dilema - Opinions Needed

tubaman

My T180 is very soon coming upto 7 years old with 85K on the clock and running really well - I dont really want to change it but am clearly worried about the head gasket going and being outside the extended warranty period 112K/7yrs.

Just priced priced up a Warranty from Mr T which came out at around £550 for 1yr & £880 for 2yr.

I'm seriously considering taking the warranty out for peace of mind as I know a new short engine & work would cost me around £6K if the head goes.

Would love your thoughts guys.

Its been ok for 85k so unless there are signs of trouble I would have thought you would be ok. They don't all go - and if it does a quick 'lapse of concentration' resulting in a hefty collision with a wall should sort the insurance claim.....

Its a gamble. Either the head gasket will go or it won't. The extended warranty includes Toyota roadside assistance - so that is one thing you wouldn't need to buy in addition. Is it worth it for peace of mind - really only you can decide.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I were you I'd pay out the £800 for the 2 year warranty!... Its well worth it!...

• Like 1