Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waxoyl

rambler

In the last few weeks,i borrowed my sisters Karcher pressure washer,did all my wheel arches & under of vehicle.

Its.......erm....quite powerful ! !

It also taken some rust off here and there underneath on suspension parts etc etc.,so it went to bare metal....oops.

So have now given them parts a coating of waxoyl,as best i can,should i have done so.

I applied it from a spray can as best i could,just thinking it gave it better protection.Have i wasted my time ?

No mate, worth doing, I bought a electric paint sprayer for around £25. From eBay , then buy 5 ltr tins of waxoyl from wilco, £20.99 on offer at minute, no need to thin down just tip in to pot and spray. You can cover large areas and if you jack up you can get underneath and give a good covering. Done three cars on one tin's worth. Plus you can buy clear or black waxoyl so in and around engine bay etc use the clear and black underneath. Normally just give car a wash when done .

• Like 1

Day after I took dely. of mine I drove into the hills of Derbyshire where an aging mechanic kindly blasted Tetrosyl all over the underide of it. Cracking job and a great feeling that the ravages of salt and water up here will have to work harder to eat away the Rav. As Phil says, Jamie, well worth the effort so guid joab done.......leaving the metal bare would have been daft regardless of car age. It is my intent to have wife's underside properly washed (steady.....) and Tetrosylled this year......2004 model but worth saving.

Big Kev.

F2 would love to see Derbyshire..........

F2 would love to see Derbyshire..........

F2 as well then......oh, sorry.....see what ye mean.....Funnerburd Too.......it shall happen min.

Ok dokey...well for once it seems i have dun sum good to my little Trucklet.

When we get another dry ,warm day doon ere,oi shal have to apply sum more o this ere stuff.....tay me ondaside :)

Watch out rust........ere oi com ! ! !

Day after I took dely. of mine I drove into the hills of Derbyshire where an aging mechanic kindly blasted Tetrosyl all over the underide of it. Cracking job and a great feeling that the ravages of salt and water up here will have to work harder to eat away the Rav. As Phil says, Jamie, well worth the effort so guid joab done.......leaving the metal bare would have been daft regardless of car age. It is my intent to have wife's underside properly washed (steady.....) and Tetrosylled this year......2004 model but worth saving.

Big Kev.

Hi BK,

which Tetrosyl product did you use on your underside? - sorry, the underside of your RAV

Just the clear stuff, Chris....if it has a name I will check can and reply.

Just the clear stuff, Chris....if it has a name I will check can and reply.

I'd be very grateful Kev, the only stuff that I could find was in 1lt aerosols. I've used Waxoyl in the past and put that on with a schutz gun. Definitely a job over the pit and wearing paper overalls though!

In my experience, Dinitrol is far superior to Waxoyl. I have used both on my old Landrovers and Dinitrol, besides being far easier and MUCH less messy to apply (also gives much nicer finish) wins hands down for me. you can either get the underbody wax which stays a little tacky OR get the stone chip which dries hard and leaves a factory finish. Have a look on E Bay. its also cheper than Waxoyl. Oh and the Army use Dinitrol on all there vehicles

Dinitrol is far superior there is no doubt. It is about 3 or 4 times the cost but probably worth it. There is a clear version but the pukka stuff is either brown or black.

Dinitrol is far superior there is no doubt. It is about 3 or 4 times the cost but probably worth it. There is a clear version but the pukka stuff is either brown or black.

Yeah Dinitrol is the stuff, Waxoyl is ok but not my 1st choice

is it worth doing? and can i do it myself there is a pit at work i could use, do i just spray everything???? i work in a lime quarry so i will be wanting to do this

Yes its worth doing. Do all the underside apart from anything like exhaust or wires etc. Do the diff and suspension arms, front coil springs etc. Dinitrol is now a lot cheaper than it used to be and the best place is eBay from Dinitrol themselves. They now do full kits of so many cans and applicators. honestly though its just like spraying paint. Waxoyl is a pain in the jacksy as it all comes out to fast and you have little control. plus it looks blooming awful. Dinitrol dries a lovely smooth matt black colour and looks very professional. the stone chip protector dries hard where the cavity wax and underside wax remains a little taccky and waxy

wardude, on 13 May 2013 - 09:51, said:Yes its worth doing. Do all the underside apart from anything like exhaust or wires etc. Do the diff and suspension arms, front coil springs etc. Dinitrol is now a lot cheaper than it used to be and the best place is eBay from Dinitrol themselves. They now do full kits of so many cans and applicators. honestly though its just like spraying paint. Waxoyl is a pain in the jacksy as it all comes out to fast and you have little control. plus it looks blooming awful. Dinitrol dries a lovely smooth matt black colour and looks very professional. the stone chip protector dries hard where the cavity wax and underside wax remains a little taccky and waxy

thanks very much

" Do all the underside apart from anything like exhaust or wires etc. "

How do you avoid spraying wires, brake pipes and petrol pipes , please?

Is it a major disaster if overspray gets on a brake disc, please?

" Do all the underside apart from anything like exhaust or wires etc. "

How do you avoid spraying wires, brake pipes and petrol pipes , please?

Is it a major disaster if overspray gets on a brake disc, please?

Why no a bit overspray is inevitable unless you cover the disc, just clean it off with white spirit or similar

Some masking tape and newspaper make a fairly easy job of protecting bits you don't want to spray. I would be inclined to spray the exposed wiring and petrol pipes etc and just avoid things like the brake discs ( as much as possible ) and the fuel cooler. One vulnerable area on the RAV that would benefit from the treatment is around the fuel filler pipe inside the inner wing liner. I think that Bothy developed an expertise in changing these because of corrosion.

One warning! don't park a motor that you have waxoyled with enthusiasm on your pristine block paved drive. It needs a day over the pit to harden before you move it or you could end up with a skating rink!.

One warning! don't park a motor that you have waxoyled with enthusiasm on your pristine block paved drive. It needs a day over the pit to harden before you move it or you could end up with a skating rink!.

That is one major chunk of advice I had not seen before - good one Chris

not that I plan on doing it, no pit, no access to a pit :(

Gus

That is one major chunk of advice I had not seen before - good one Chris

not that I plan on doing it, no pit, no access to a pit :(

Gus

Just as well ye live in That England then Gusterz.....makes up for not HAVING the pits.......

Witheld......

The thing i fine with spraying Waxoyl is its very hard to control. it leaves the can to fast and thick to apply it nicely. Dinitrol, like I said earlier, is just like spraying paint. Its a doddle to do and leaves a lovely factory look finish. Dinitrol is cheapest on eBay and I think the company is called Rejel (or similar) I did the Landrover chassis in about 2 hours and was very impressed with my work as im naff at painting and diy lol.