Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Had A 30K Service - Do I Need New Pads?

pstones578

Just had a 30,000 mile service on my 11 plate Auris. The rear inside pads are at 80% worn and the place I took my car to said I should get them replaced ASAP. Can you please give me your opinion on this as I do not want to get them changed too soon but don't want them going to nothing as I will be into new discs (so I'm told).

Thanks in advance.

Is it a Toyota dealer you're using? If so you could consider Toyota's Fixed Price Repair scheme - rear brake pads replaced for £90 on the Auris inclusive. Changing them in the next 3000 miles should ensure that you don't affect the discs (provided they're OK now). Was the garage shopping for work? Second opinion from another garage?

Yes it's a Toyota dealer. I've been quoted £90 for the work. I've been running the numbers and I came to the same conclusion as you that I could probably safely get another 3000 miles on these pads. There was no mention of discs or getting anywhere near them so I think I will go another 3000 and then get them done. I've asked someone for a second opinion so hopefully will get that soon.

Hi i had my t180 in on Friaday 58227 mil had to replace rear pads and discs parts and labour +vat 185.16 good or bad discs had to be replaced

I'll be replacing my rear discs & pads very soon at 48k mls. Already bought the parts, so just a labour charge from a 'good garage scheme' outlet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links