Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Rav4 Owner

spoofpig

Hey ive never owned a toyota or 4x4 before, i must say im loving it at the moment. I have a 2007 2.2 diesel manual 40000 miles full dealer history, what should i be looking out for? maintenance tips, also im on the lookout for a front a bar and side steps cheers.

Hi & welcome to the forum

cheers pal makes interesting reading on here nice to find somestuff out

Most will say make sure that all the oils have been changed and the right oils used. check the discs and the pads, brake fluid etc

Welcome Adrian,

I bought my side steps off e bay. Just make sure you always get Toyota genuine accessories, they do fit soooo much better!!

Enjoy your car!

Ainsley

Cheap looky likeys Adrian. Look out for genuine ones as Ainsley says.

Also be aware that the 'Stylish' side steps [the ones with the rubber spotty grips] come in two versions - one for cars without overfenders [wheel arch trims, a la T180] and one for those without. In addition, front mudflaps can't be fitted without some surgery.

The standard side steps with longditudinal rubber grips can be fitted to either body style and without surgical interference with front mudflaps.

Personally, I would stick to genuine Toyota parts. They are more expensive, but do fit. I paid around £160 for mine, new on eBay, and the fitting was easy. Also the Toyota mudflaps fitted without modification, which can be affected with non Toyota side steps.

Ah, didn't see Davrav's post, and at least he agrres with me, but of course, your choice!

ok cheers for that then chaps any links would be helpfull

Nice styling but non Toyota steps Adrian

Suggest you ask Kingo, at Lindop for a price. If you do use e bay then put in Genuine Toyota side steps as a search.

ive sent him a message thanks for the help cheers