Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Smear!

MYKEU

Hey,

I'm beginning to lose my mind over this but I cannot seem to get rid of this smear I have on my windscreen when using my wipers;

I already changed my wipers at my Toyota service center but it is still doing the same thing. The second or two "haze" also makes it dangerous to drive at night when it is raining.

Any suggestions?

What car wash detergent are you using?

I am simply using the shampoo that came with the Supagard kit.

However, I did notice that the smears happened after I took my car through a hand car wash.

Halfords double concentrated as washer fluid; although this was happening before I bought that though.

You are not alone!

I've had this problem on and off for probably 20-30 years on many different cars. Tried new blades, cleaning with screenwash and paper towel followed by a domestic window spray and finally alcohol with no apparent improvement :death: .

The only thing that seems to work is to take a really long drive - like an hour or two - in the rain. I suspect it may be accumulated grunge during long dry spells which eventually softens and gets scraped off, but I've no real evidence of that.

Any recommendations on what to use to clean my windscreen? I have read many positive feedback about using Barkeepers friend.

I use white vinegar, its cheap and it removes any grease and it does not damage the wipers.

Just use once a week on a soft cloth and it leaves them sparkling.

I tried using white vinegar several times. A lot of grime comes off the wipers and windscreen (cloth turned black), but even after that I get the same smears.

Turns out that I cannot even find decent wipers for my car, such as Bosch. They have a model number 707U, but I have been told by them that they don't sell it worldwide...

I've had a lot of luck with the PIAA silicone wipers; They seem tricky to get hold of and are quite expensive but you can get the refills cheaper (Hard to find suppliers unfortunately but I got mine from tdcautomotive.com) and slot them into your existing wiper arms.

Super quiet, clear water really well and after a few uses the windscreen acts like it has a coat of rainx on it. Can't recommend it enough :)

Turns out that I cannot even find decent wipers for my car, such as Bosch. They have a model number 707U, but I have been told by them that they don't sell it worldwide...

Try here:

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/toyota-yaris-years-2005-to-2010-wiper-blades/

Those blades are for the MK2 model (2005-2010). I'm searching for the MK3 model Wiper Blades.

I have already tried finding a place to buy them but there are no Bosch distributors that sell that model.

No wishing to make you feel stupid but this firm sells exactly what you want.....

As per my original post ... ;)

Sorry, I don't think I was clear on my last post. I have already contacted them and I was informed that they do not sell that part.

But thanks.

i know this may sound extreme but i work in a lime quarry and i make an acid solution about 15% rinse with hot water dry ,then clean with white vinegar and apply a rain guard. i do this a couple of times a year works a treat

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links