Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicators And Hazards Lights Not Working On 2004 D4D T4 Avensis Help

Azzawacker

Hi there I'm new to this forum I need help as local toyota dealer want to rip me off . My indicators and hazard lights are not working I haven't got a clue where are the fuses and relays located ? Anyone else had this problem ?

Many regards

Azzawacker

Hello,

it's probably just a fuse or turn signal relay faulty, anyway I have attached a pdf file which covers all of that.

Regards ... Pete.

RELAY LOCATION.pdf

Thank you Pete ill have a look at the car tomoz it's baffled me stupid . I've pulled every fuse in the car to check if any have blown found everyone to be ok ! Took a drive down to my local mr t dealer and they also rechecked the fuses for free and then said to me it needs to be investigated that's gonna cost 58 quid plus vat ? ... I don't think so mr t ! It's starting to look as if my relays gone to relay heaven are the common to go Pete ?

Just a quick question Pete sorry for pestering you how do you remove these relays ? Do they just pull out ? And will this be a main dealer part only by any chance ?

Just a quick question Pete sorry for pestering you how do you remove these relays ? Do they just pull out ? And will this be a main dealer part only by any chance ?

It should be a normal pull out relay up behind the steering wheel/ instrument panel area and you should be able to get one at a motor factors if that's what has failed.

Part number :-

TOYOTA AVENSIS INDICATOR RELAY FLASHER RELAY DENSO 81980-05040 MB066500-5340

Pete.

Thank you Pete will have a look later on today hope it's just that else I've gotta spend some dosh thanks mate I will reply with my answer

Well I changed the relay and guess what ? There still not working I give up with this car he he he it's driving me mad now any Ideas anyone ?

Just a thought,

Is the hazard switch sticking at all.

If this is not fully switching off it may stop all indicator systems working.

Hmmmm might try that thanks for the idea just off to try it will be back it 5mins I did use them last week before they went

Nar no joy in that sooty looks like mr t has gotta have it for the day to do diagnostic it's gonna cost me 35 quid to do fault find plus the cost of part and labour I'm not looking forward to the bill

Nar no joy in that sooty looks like mr t has gotta have it for the day to do diagnostic it's gonna cost me 35 quid to do fault find plus the cost of part and labour I'm not looking forward to the bill

But you will be happy if he fixes it and stops you stressing out?

Sounds like £35 well spent if you ask me ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Very true kingo it's just seems as there ain't no power going through the circuit ? The guys at mr t will know what there doing hope it don't cost over £100 quid if its a massive bill ill break it up for spares on eBay get more money that way

Well a quick update and I got the buggers working at long last ! .as I was sat in the house bored stupid I thought I would just go over the car once again and guess what I found ? I had found that the guys at mr t had tried to pull a fast one on me I took a picture of the fuses last week on my phone just for reference . Today I had noticed the guys a mr t had put the fuse to the hazard in the wrong spot I had noticed this from looking at my photo ! I placed a new 10a fuse in the correct spot and wat do ya know they work again ? I think they had perposely put it there so they could make 35 quid from me but I will never know anyway I'm happy again

• 9 months later...

Well a quick update and I got the buggers working at long last ! .as I was sat in the house bored stupid I thought I would just go over the car once again and guess what I found ? I had found that the guys at mr t had tried to pull a fast one on me I took a picture of the fuses last week on my phone just for reference . Today I had noticed the guys a mr t had put the fuse to the hazard in the wrong spot I had noticed this from looking at my photo ! I placed a new 10a fuse in the correct spot and wat do ya know they work again ? I think they had perposely put it there so they could make 35 quid from me but I will never know anyway I'm happy again

hello there can you tell me where exactly is the fuse located for the indicators and hazards please?

On the drivers side, near the steering wheel, Open the flap pull it out fuses sit behind it and there are also fuses behind the glove box

On the drivers side, near the steering wheel, Open the flap pull it out fuses sit behind it and there are also fuses behind the glove box

Thanks for the quick reply but removed flap and can't see any fuses inside just wires all over the place but no fuse box!!

Hello mate with mine being a diesel my indicator fuse is situated under the bonnet by the Battery mate it should be a 10 a fuse

Hello mate with mine being a diesel my indicator fuse is situated under the bonnet by the battery mate it should be a 10 a fuse

Cheers mate will check out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hello mate with mine being a diesel my indicator fuse is situated under the bonnet by the battery mate it should be a 10 a fuse

that did it alright. thanks

• 3 years later...

Hi I seem to have same prob as u no hazzards or intictiors and I can't seem to find the fuse cuddle anyone help me plz 

On 15/05/2013 at 2:38 PM, t-spiritpete said:

Hello,

it's probably just a fuse or turn signal relay faulty, anyway I have attached a pdf file which covers all of that.

Regards ... Pete.

RELAY LOCATION.pdf

Hi Pete cud u send me on that file by any chance plz I've the same prob as above  tanks

The link to the file is in the post that you quoted (& it is working as I downloaded it to check)?