Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The State Of My Pollen Filter

anagantios

Hi guys and gals,

noticed my aircon and blowers were starting to get about as useful as a chocolate teapot, hoped and prayed it wasn't the pump on its way out, took a look at the pollen filter... oh my...

post-128547-0-90530800-1368659344_thumb.

I've got a massive blockage as well, trying to figure out where the first owner could have possibly taken it to be that black, only at 45K.... Now I just need to find the right filter to fit, pig of a job to get it out in the first place!

The new one will get that black in a very short time too, it's what they do, filter particles from the air. It is not unusual to see them like that. Don't worry, just replace it and check it once a year

Kingo :thumbsup:

My new one is arriving tomorrow :) it was just a shock to see all the leaves falling out

Just doing it's job :lol: But I know what you mean, they do look messy when you take them out, but don't worry, it will be black very soon after putting the new one in, just check it once a year and replace if full of crud ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

New filter arrived today, cannot for the life of me get the blasted thing back in. It looks like a case of taking the glovebox compartment out...

Yeah, if it's like the Yaris one, you pop the glove box out, open the pollen filter hatch, pop out the carrier and put the new filter in then put everything back!

3 days of attempts later and the filter is finally in!! My aircon is working again, was definitely the clogged filter and not the pump broken :) it's now like being hit in the face with a lump of ice when the blowers are on full blast :)

They are a proper struggle to get back in. You have to bend them and push down on the carpet. The later ones are much better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links