Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris

fullbeam

Hi I have a new Auris active I have noticed that on the top of the dashboard at the side of the windscreen air vent there is a small round insert ( don't know what it's called) just decorative, but on the other side where you would expect to find the same insert its just a hole. I went back to the dealer thinking that it had just been lost maybe when the car was getting cleaned but they showed me every 2013 Auris that they had the whole range and every one of them was the same it just looks unfinished.Has anyone else noticed this, I just find it strange.

i think its a ventilation sensor, which i think opens and closes different vents depending on the amount of sunlight

Aye it could be a sensor but why leave the other side empty they could have fitted a dummy one,that's better than just a hole it just looks as they couldn't be bothered.

Aye it could be a sensor but why leave the other side empty they could have fitted a dummy one,that's better than just a hole it just looks as they couldn't be bothered.

Yes, but a 5p saving on every vehicle, during a production run, for a suitable blank, added to all the other little cost cutting, amounts to quite a bit of extra profit!

On mine, a Hybrid Excel, I have got a dome at either end of the windscreen vent. They look like an infrared sensor of sorts.

The annoying thing, one is proud, and one is flush, for someone who is ocd that is really disconcerting!

Yes I like things to look right myself apart from this minor annoyance I do really like the car.

• 3 weeks later...

On mine, a Hybrid Excel, I have got a dome at either end of the windscreen vent. They look like an infrared sensor of sorts.

The annoying thing, one is proud, and one is flush, for someone who is ocd that is really disconcerting!

I have a diesel Excel, and I thought that the dome on the right side of the windscreen vent had not been pushed down properly, but after pushing on the top of it , it will not move, and as you said it is disconcerting.

On the Excel one dome is as per the Icon a solar sensor for the climate control the other Higher dome is a light sensor for the auto headlamps

• Like 2

On the Excel one dome is as per the Icon a solar sensor for the climate control the other Higher dome is a light sensor for the auto headlamps

Thanks for that information. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links