Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Not Unlocking

loudon

Faulty central locking on my Avensis tourer - regularly stops functioning. This has been on-going for 2 years (from new) despite 11 visits to the Coventry dealership - Listers. This is very frustrating and annoying! Listers had the car back again last Thursday for a day (9 hours) - changed the motor (so they said) - central locking still does not work. I'm really not happy and beginning to dislike Toyota. Can anyone help me please?

If you paid Listers to remedy the fault I would be going straight back to them and telling them that they need to sort it or provide a refund.

what is actually happening? is it just not unlocking? or not locking/unlocking? Is the car in the same spot when this happens? can you hear any motors/clicking when you press the button?

car is still under warranty right?

Alex

what is actually happening? is it just not unlocking? or not locking/unlocking? Is the car in the same spot when this happens? can you hear any motors/clicking when you press the button?

Alex

The central locking locks the car completely but only unlocks the hatch. Using the key or the inside switch the motors click but the doors remain locked. Each door has to be manually unlocked by stretching through the car after manually unlocking the driver's door with the key.

Alex

Sorry Alex - forgot to add - the central locking does not unlock the doors wherever the car is parked - it is not radio interference.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get the issue sorted in the end?

Alex

Did you get the issue sorted in the end?

Alex

Listers had my Avensis back for 2 days last week (Thursday and Friday) and fitted a new 'body control module' (I think that is what it was called) - the central locking has worked since - I have my fingers crossed that it is sorted this time and I will not have any more problems unlocking the doors.

Thank you for your interest, Alex.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links