Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extended Toyota Warranty

catseye27

The 2 year extended warranty on my RAV4 registered March 2007 is due to expire. Does anyone know if i will be offered a further Toyota warranty, if so, over how long a period and any idea on costs

Cheers

Extended warranties may be renewed until the vehicle is 8 years old. Warranty cost can be obtained from your dealer or by phoning 0844 871 8024. Can also be paid for by interest-free instalments - 1 year warranty over 10 months and 2 year warranty over 20 months.

TWG (Toyota Warranty Group) tell me that they can extend up to 10 years even though dealers are limited to 8. But TWG apparently only make these offers from mailing lists - you can't approach them for the service unilaterally.

I've just renewed again on our 54-reg @ 9 years old.

Firemac -I have renewed until the RAV will be 9 years old -another year to go -currently paid out v received in is £2000 (ie I'm down £2000) . Have you renewed as you are a winner or in the hope that you might recoup losses -which is hoping that something will go wrong that you don't have to pay to fix !

Firemac -I have renewed until the RAV will be 9 years old -another year to go -currently paid out v received in is £2000 (ie I'm down £2000) . Have you renewed as you are a winner or in the hope that you might recoup losses -which is hoping that something will go wrong that you don't have to pay to fix !

Going on the expereinces of our older RAV, I'm really only concerned about two things: MIL sensors & the autobox ECU. So far this car has had no sensors replaced - bearing in mind that it now has 57k miles up, the odds are increasing that it will need a couple 'ere long. I appreciate that the ECU can be repaired for something like £300 but the time off the road has to be considered and, at least with Mr. T's warranty, I'm fully covered for courtesy car through the Club Toyota bit.

Pretty certain that TWG is The Warranty Group which offers insurance based warranties on a wide variety of products, and is different to the Toyota Extended Warranty which is underwritten by Toyota themselves.

I'd forgotton about the Club Toyota element -that must be worth about £100 a year? So down £1400ish -not as bad as it was.

As far as I'm aware while TWG do warranties for all makes, it is the only show in town from Mr T dealers.

Pretty certain that TWG is The Warranty Group which offers insurance based warranties on a wide variety of products, and is different to the Toyota Extended Warranty which is underwritten by Toyota themselves.

Apparently not. I was advised to get a quote from mt local Mr.T dealer as well as the one that I received from TWG. Mr.T first said yes but then said no and also said that TWG should not have quoted as my car was too old. I went back to TWG to suggest that they had made a boo-boo but they told me that they were able top cover up to 10-year old cars as opposed to the dealers' 8-year limit.

When Mr. T dealer first said yes he said he'd need to double check with TWG and it was after he'd spoken to them that he said he couldn't do it. So I think Redlew is right. In any event these warranties are all under-written either by self-insurance or commercially. As far as know TWG is a subsidiary of TGB, so it's effectively self-insurance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links