Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel And Tyre Size

Celi02

Whats the standard size for wheels and tyres on the celicas? Wondering if it would be possible to swap over my tyres from my Mg Zr onto a new celica when i get one (if i find a decent one at this rate). My tyre size is 205/45/17

EOM wheels for a gen 7 TS and GT are 7J 17'' ET 38 5x100.

• Like 1

ok thanks, what are the tyre sizes recommended for the celica gen 7 does anyone know?

205/45/17 is the size recommended by Toyota. If you're looking for a little more ride comfort, you can fit 215/45/17. 215/40/17 will give you a little better acceleration, at the expense of slightly worse fuel consumption.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking at putting some new alloys on mine, currently have 16" Toyota originals but they really tatty, rest of the car is in really good condition so want the allows to match and the people I've spoken to don't want to recon them (said they never take well and can't guarantee the refurb would last)

From what I've read I'd be better switching to 17", can anyone recommend any please?

Thanks,

Carl.

How much are you looking to spend, Carl?.

1) alloys

2) Tyres

Hi,

I'm not sure, not had a car for years so still getting to grips with the price of them. If I stick with 16" then I can use the existing tyres so probably around £400, if I go to 17" I'll need new tyres so probably all in about £700 - but i would like decent tyres to thats not set in stone as I can sell the existing alloys on eBay to get a little back.

I don't want them to look cheesy or boy racer, want them to compliment the car (obviously lol) its black without the boot spoiler so was thinking silver (or similar) to break the black up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,

Carl.

Although I am a fan of night rider (the original) so not averse to black, as long as they look right lol

have you seen the wolfrace ones which look exactly like the toyota originals style? they look pretty cool! just an idea for you :) im not sure what sizes they come in

mL0MJInQcN3-BhQrAZ9PqDg.jpg

i think these would look lovely on a celica also :) just some options for you! maybe look on eBay or your local alloy shop

3061.jpg

Hi,

They don't look too bad actually, I've had a look on wheel base alloys but cant see those. Black with the silver rim might look ok thought, there's so many to chose from its hard to decide lol

EDIT: Those look nice also, need a 5 wheel nut alloy though (if that wordings correct)

Thanks Sophie.

Is that your car Sophie, what alloys have you got on those, they look a mix of black and silver? :)

Is that your car Sophie, what alloys have you got on those, they look a mix of black and silver? :)

not my car unfortunately :( my dream car haha! havent got myself a celi yet, still with an mg zr! but i am keeping em peeled for a good'un to pop up!

i think the wheels are grey or shadow chrome with a silver lip in the pic :)

Hi,

I'm not sure, not had a car for years so still getting to grips with the price of them. If I stick with 16" then I can use the existing tyres so probably around £400, if I go to 17" I'll need new tyres so probably all in about £700 - but i would like decent tyres to thats not set in stone as I can sell the existing alloys on ebay to get a little back.

I don't want them to look cheesy or boy racer, want them to compliment the car (obviously lol) its black without the boot spoiler so was thinking silver (or similar) to break the black up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks,

Carl.

I can't help with the style, as Rim choice is such a personal thing. Both five and six spoke suit the Gen 7, but avoid rims that are too "busy" (such as the pic. above). If you opt for black with a silver lip (which I did), ensure the lip is stainless steel and not polished/diamond cut, as these are unsuitable for our damp climate, and will soon deteriorate.

As regards rubber, budget on at least £300 if you go for 205/45/17, as budget tyres tyres should be avoided at all costs. Many people make the mistake of buying a rim and tyre package, and the tyres are almost always cheap Chinese "ditch finders".

HTH :)

i have some Hankook v12 205/45/17's on my mg zr and i must say, they are brilliant, the grip is great and a smooth quiet drive. they cost me around £360 so a budget around the 300-350 mark should be ok for some good tyres, i would also steer clear of budget tyres! no grip on them if you need to stop quickly and no comfort but i guess that is why they are cheap!

Thanks for the replies Arrow and Sophie. Been looking at tyre prices, think I'll set aside at least £400 for some decent tyres.

OZ make some of the lightest rims you can buy, so they should be fine.

Just ensure you opt for 7J, as the correct tyre size for a Gen 7 with 8J rims is unobtainable (225/40/17).

Let us know your final choice, Carl :)

I think I'm going for the alloy above with 215/45/17 ZR vredestein ultrac cento (91Y) XL tyres.

Do these sound ok, are those tyres any good?

Thanks,

Carl.

Tyres are mid range, I've no experience of them personally.

Benefits of that size are:

Fills the arches slightly better

More rim protection from kerbing

Softer ride

One disadvantage though..being a larger rolling radius than 205/45/17, they will take the edge off your acceleration on a 140, but you might not notice it.

I run 215/40/17 front, 215/45/17 rear.

HTH :)

Yes that helps, I wont notice the different in acceleration I don't think, I don't really leather it anyway, tyres on there now are budget ones so sure it will improve if anything.

I went for those as the next ones up were massively different in price and the reviews online for those ones weren't too bad.

Getting them next week.