Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky/creaky Drivers Seat On The Left Side - Resolved!

Chris_munday

If you too suffer with a squeaky seat under your left thigh every time you depress the clutch to change gear then keep reading because I have finally found out what the problem is after months of head scratching and putting up with the noise.

Some people on this forum say it is something to do with the rotating bush on the seat belt clip (where the seatbelt clicks in), the bit which allows the seat belt clip to move backwards and forwards. They say to lubricate the bolt at the bottom with WD-40 and it will resolve the squeaking issue. I suggest to try this before you try my solution incase this solves the issue.

If you have tried the above and the seat still squeaks then in my case it was to do with the bar that allows you to move the seat backwards and forwards. So to test if this is the case with your model you first of all need to go and sit in the drivers seat. Secondly, reach down for the seat adjuster bar and instead of pulling it upwards like you would to adjust the seat push it downwards gently, let it back up, push it downwards gently (keep repeating). If you find this is making the squeak exactly like the one when you change gear then success you have found the problem!

Next you need to grab a torch (i used my iPhone camera light) and some grease or if you don't have any grease WD-40 will serve as a great temporary lubricator. Now go under the drivers seat and follow the seat adjuster bar towards the back of the seat on the left hand side and you will find a white bit of plastic. Now if you pull down on the bar to make the squeaking noise you will see that the movement on the seat adjuster is causing the plastic to rub against a bit of metal which is poking through the middle of the plastic.You now need to grease the bit of metal or spray the WD-40 over it and you will find that when pulling down on the seat adjuster the squeak is gone!!

Also there is the same on the other side of the seat. I greased this too for good measure and I suggest you do the same.

I have included a picture of the white plastic bit for your viewing.

I really hope this helps you resolve your issue!

post-122431-0-30775400-1368994411_thumb.

• Like 1

I would just like to add that WD-40 is only a temporary measure and you will find that the squeak will come back after a short while unless grease is used. You should also check the whole mechanism to make sure nothing else is rubbing.

Cheers, I'm sure this is great news for many on the forum. I too have actually noticed some strange squeaking from time to time, will have to check if it's the same issue as the one you described!

• Like 1