Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Actual And Displayed Mpg Over 20% Off!

Dagny Taggart

I bought a new Auris Hybrid 2013 model last month. According to the mpg display, I've never gone below 61mpg. But if I look at the number of gallons filled so far (5 times 35-40 litres each time = ~40) to the number of miles driven (~1700), that would bring my mpg to @ 42-43 mpg. Even if I take another 5 gallons off my fill-up, it still only gets my actual mpg to ~48. That way off the displayed mpg. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Do I just have a faulty car? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Dagny.

Usually the most accurate way to check the consumption over your next two fill ups is to work on brimmed tank figures.

And use Fuelly to share and track. Our if you have an android phone, the my cars app (just for you to track mileage)

I have a 2012 hybrid the displayed mpg is around 55mpg compared with about 52mpg measuring filled tank to filled tank, I guess a little exageration is acceptable. My previous car a Ford was spot on.

What I can't understand is that the range displayed never seems to exceed 420 miles max. The tank is supposed to be 10gal, 45litres, so the range should have a maximum of well over 500miles. I wonder if the tank is smaller than the quoted figure?