Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Is Puzzling Me.

trackrat

As I posted in the new members section I will shortky be the owner of an Auris Excel D4D.

The thing that puzzles me is when it was first released the diesel version had cruise control, but now it is not even an option, does anyone know why.

I've checked the brochure (April 2012) for the post-facelift first generation Auris, and, like the second generation Auris (website specs), cruise control was only available on the 1.6 petrol - not the diesel.

Presumably, for whatever reason, Toyota won't offer cruise control on other engines.

My SR180 (2008) has a cruise control as standard but not sure about other diesel models

Pete

The reason I asked this question is I have seen second hand Excel 1.4 D4D's for sale from dealers that state the car has cruise control.

It is probably because they use copy & paste from one of the petrol models..

I can't believe that Toyota would make CC an optional extra, it's so cheap and easy to fit considering the huge benefit it brings to long distance journeys.

In fact, if the next new car i fancy does not have CC as standard then i won't be buying it, I will change to a make that does have it as standard.

When i had my Yaris in for it's first service I was told it needed a pollen filter fitted because it didn't have one, thats why the interior was always covered in

grit and dust, I contacted customer service and I was told the pollen filter was an optional extra, now that is just cheap considering it would cost them about 50p.

I can't believe that Toyota would make CC an optional extra, it's so cheap and easy to fit considering the huge benefit it brings to long distance journeys.

In fact, if the next new car i fancy does not have CC as standard then i won't be buying it, I will change to a make that does have it as standard.

When i had my Yaris in for it's first service I was told it needed a pollen filter fitted because it didn't have one, thats why the interior was always covered in

grit and dust, I contacted customer service and I was told the pollen filter was an optional extra, now that is just cheap considering it would cost them about 50p.

Not that cheap! ......A replacement pollen filter in the air co n system will cost you about £ 39 fitted from your Toyota dealer although you can buy them for less than half that from a motor factor and change it yourself in less than 15 minutes :)

Not that cheap! ......A replacement pollen filter in the air co n system will cost you about £ 39 fitted from your Toyota dealer although you can buy them for less than half that from a motor factor and change it yourself in less than 15 minutes :)

I know, Last year i bought a pollen filter from a Toyota dealer in Cornwall for £11 and fitted it the day before a full service was due, when the service was completed the girl said they had replaced the filter and were charging me £39 for it plus 12 minutes time for something that takes no more than 90 seconds to do, the fitter obviously never even looked at the filter but tried to con me for it, he should have changed the remote Battery as it's included but the girl said he tested it, beware, they will BS you, lie to you and take you for a fool, I have had similar treatment at 2 Toyota dealers and i will not return to them, next month i will try the one in Queensferry for the next service and see how they perform!

My 2006 Corolla Colour Collection was based on the T3. A Toyota alarm was available on the T3 but not on the other specs. Toyota GB told me originally my supplying dealer couldn't fit this alarm to my new Colour Collection, as it wasn't designed for that model and the warranty would be invalidated. After I got Toyota GB to admit the Colour Collection was based on the T3, and differences were only cosmetic, they relented, and my dealer got a phone call from them to OK the fitting.

It is not only Toyota who make seemingly silly omissions.

Mazda only used to supply one remote key and one valet key for their new cars. The valet keys were a pain to use if there were two people regularly driving each of the cars. Second remote keys were around £150 each including programming. Got caught by this on three new Mazdas (two 2003 and one 2007 models).

On a Honda Civic we bought, although the rear seats had headrest fittings, rear headrests were extra.

Years ago a neighbour bought a new Metro City. Working side repeater flashers came with the next spec - City X. One night whilst putting the car away, they put the hazards on, and noticed the wheel arches were being illuminated in time with the flashers. On checking the next day, they found the fully wired side repeater flasher bulb units, complete with bulbs, were just left hanging in each front wing. All they had to do was push the bulb holders into the back of the side repeater units.

The reason I asked this question is I have seen second hand Excel 1.4 D4D's for sale from dealers that state the car has cruise control.

It is probably because they use copy & paste from one of the petrol models..

No. They use something called DVLA lookup from the registration number. You type in the reg number and the specification populates the boxes. It is very accurate but when you consider the millions of cars out there, there will be some errors. The full spec should always be checked before purchase

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

You learn something new every day, thanks for that piece of information.