Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius G3 Dash Rattle

michael searle

I've got a 2010 Prius tspirit reg in April which has 5 year warranty? Notice comments re only three years before June 2010, I double checked with dealer and have a print out to say five years? Anyway I've got a very annoying dash rattle situated right in the middle, is this a known fault with this model have read couple if comments saying it is, I've had it back to the dealer twice but still there, supposedly they have had the dash off and padded, but I'm doubting that as rattle is exactly the same, very frustrating, has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, in my Wife's 'old' T-Spirit, which I'm quite glad we got rid of. The rattles (numerous) were never fixed, and appeared a few weeks after we got it brand new. Used to really grind my gears.

Her Yaris T-Spirit HSD however seems exceptionally rattle-free by comparison.

Sorry I can't be more encouraging.

My dashboard has a squeaky rattle as described, seems to be beneath the leading edge of the dash immediately in front of the info display. Currently solved by wedging a sturdy piece of foamy sponge in between the upper lip of the display and the dash.

Doesn't look very elegant, and blocks part of the display (mileage,mpg etc.), but certainly stops the rattle.Trying to come up with a better, less obtrusive solution.

Gen3 registered before 1 June 2010 had the following:

3 year / 60000 mile warranty on the car (like normal Toyotas)

5 year / 60000 mile warranty on the hybrid parts

5 year / 60000 mile warranty on the HV Battery

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&noLeftMenu=true&fullwidth=TRUE&nodiv=TRUE&edname=YourChoiceTerms&id=YourChoiceTerms&zone=Zone+Offers&sr=Mall

As for rattles, there are some handy threads over on Prius Chat.

This might be useful as a starting point

http://priuschat.com/threads/fix-2010-2011-prius-rattles-for-99-cents-neat-version.96791/

You can remove the radio/satnav and it is also easy to remove the lower glove box to get behind parts of the dashboard.

Rattles do have an annoying habit of not coming from where they sound. :(

The other thing that used to happen regularly (and annoyingly) was the upper glove box would pop open of its own accord - usually going over a bump or pothole, but sometimes just for a laugh it seemed.

Gen3 registered before 1 June 2010 had the following:

3 year / 60000 mile warranty on the car (like normal Toyotas)

5 year / 60000 mile warranty on the hybrid parts

5 year / 60000 mile warranty on the HV battery

http://www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editorial.jsp?navRoot=toyota_1024_root&noLeftMenu=true&fullwidth=TRUE&nodiv=TRUE&edname=YourChoiceTerms&id=YourChoiceTerms&zone=Zone+Offers&sr=Mall

As for rattles, there are some handy threads over on Prius Chat.

This might be useful as a starting point

http://priuschat.com/threads/fix-2010-2011-prius-rattles-for-99-cents-neat-version.96791/

You can remove the radio/satnav and it is also easy to remove the lower glove box to get behind parts of the dashboard.

Rattles do have an annoying habit of not coming from where they sound. :(

When I bought my old Gen 3 new in May 2010 I had the option of 5 year warranty or 3 years warranty and 3 years free servicing, I opted for the latter because I had planned to change it at 3 years old, which I have done, to a Prius +, so there are early 2010s out there with 5 year normal warranty in South Yorkshire.

That's true. I know that Mr T here had a special offer of 5 years warranty or 3 years service on all Toyotas before the 1st June 2010. so there will be exceptions to the rule.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links