Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf

catboy

Hi,i have a 2012 Urban Cruiser and i have posted this here because i am sure it will get a better response.Do Toyotas in general suffer badly with dpf,the reason i have asked is i dont do as many miles as i used to and i have been told that the best way to do this is to do about 20 miles down the motorway running at about 2500rpm or more and this will activate the regeneration process.Is this the best way to deal with this or are there any other suggestions,again i am sorry to have to post this on your forum but the urban cruiser group gets little response anymore thanks

The UC has a cracking little 1.4 D4D engine. As long as you use decent fuel and stay away from the supermarket stuff you shouldn't need any special running conditions. You should use a low ash C2 oil in the engine. An odd run at higher revs will help (it is more a question of making it work hard up a bank than cruising on the motorway). No need to do it every week, just when you are out and about AND the engine is right up to temperature.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Its good to know that it does not suffer as bad as some others do.I am using bp ultimate at the moment and was wondering if it had any benefitsand after your advice I will continue to use it.thanks again for the info.

Bp Ultimate is perfect. There is also Total Excellium and now both Shell V-Power Nitro and Esso Supreme have doubled the amount of detergent to keep fuel systems and exhausts clean.

The UC has a cracking little 1.4 D4D engine. As long as you use decent fuel and stay away from the supermarket stuff you shouldn't need any special running conditions. You should use a low ash C2 oil in the engine. An odd run at higher revs will help (it is more a question of making it work hard up a bank than cruising on the motorway). No need to do it every week, just when you are out and about AND the engine is right up to temperature.

Hi Don..My T180's due an oil change soon..

which brand LOW ASH oil would you recommend I use?

This is the preferred grade for the T-180 http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/567/motul-8100-eco-clean-c2-0w30

Or Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 or Shell Helix Ultra Extra... All meet the C2 spec's for the DPF and the VW 507 00 spec which at the moment is the top grade untill 508 00 comes in...

This is the preferred grade for the T-180 http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/567/motul-8100-eco-clean-c2-0w30

Or Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 or Shell Helix Ultra Extra... All meet the C2 spec's for the DPF and the VW 507 00 spec which at the moment is the top grade untill 508 00 comes in...

Thanks a lot mate.

Hi Don..My T180's due an oil change soon..which brand LOW ASH oil would you recommend I use?
This is the preferred grade for the T-180 http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/product.php/567/motul-8100-eco-clean-c2-0w30 Or Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 or Shell Helix Ultra Extra... All meet the C2 spec's for the DPF and the VW 507 00 spec which at the moment is the top grade untill 508 00 comes in...
Thanks a lot mate.

......and shop aboot splinternet for said oil, Paul........snot cheap......

I'd buy the Motul oil off Power-enhancers! Use code Bank20 and get 20% off and free shipping! I've just bought another 5Ltr of the stuff to go with the other 60Ltr I bought from them a while back...

The Motul is a 100% synth and the Mobil and Shell are "Cracked" hydro-carbon so not a true synth. Still both very good oils! But not as good as the French juice with very good VI number and Flash points ect... Can you tell I'm a bit of an oil head Kev? :drunk:

I bought Mobil 1 ESP for Kev and me (well he paid for his). The 5W/30 is a lot cheaper than the 0W/20 we use.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Thanks mate.