Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tail Light Connector

hdengym

Hi does anyone know where I can buy a connector for the rear tail light of an Auris 2008 as per attached picturepost-131790-0-25175800-1369334765_thumb.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm about to tell you sad news, as the part isn't available separately. You can buy it only from the wreckers if you're lucky enough, but most of them won't be willing to cut the wires in order not to waste the rest of the wiring.

You can try to find someone who will cut them for you or then the other option is to buy a bit thicker wires than the ones inside the connector and connect them directly to the pins without the connector. Just slide them on and they will be pretty tight fit. Then join them to the original wires and everything will work. I used this method for more than a year before I managed to source a car and a wrecker who agreed to sell the connectors separately for €20.

Hi and thanks for the welcome and quick assistance. i think I will go for the pins beacuse I have failed to find an Auris in 20 wreckers phoned today unless they just did not want to just sell the plug!! Do you know if any other Toyota models would have the same connectors?

No sorry I do not know about that. But I can ask one of my contacts if he has the connectors available. I'm sure if he has them, he'll be glad to sell them. He was selling some spare parts from his friend's Auris which was in an accident. I will get back to you ASAP!

They are not available seperatly I'm afraid

Kingo :thumbsup:

It is a widely held but often wrong idea that you cannot but connectors from Toyota, most but not all connector types are available with a bit of research through the applicable electrical wiring diagram.

Hdengym can you see a 5 digit number on the connector, if you can I should be able to ID the connector, if you cant see any number PM your chassis number and which connector i.e LH or RH you require.

Most connectors have a 5 digit number on them somewhere and with this it is nearly always possible to get a part number to order. Paid access to Toyota's wiring harness repair manual is available here: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/ElectricalWireHarnessRepairManual.aspx with the 5 digit number you can obtain a part number for the connectors and wiring harness connector pins and wires to repair damaged harnesses.

Attached is a screen shot taken from Toyota's electrical wiring diagram, I have made an assumption for this example so don't use this part number as gospel. The car shown is a UK built up to 2008 1.6 Auris hatchback. In this example the connector for the rear combination lamp is shown to the left of the EWD.

post-45863-0-09586900-1369862412_thumb.p

Can I ask why you need a new connector, Have you lost it? has it melted or fallen apart? can't you fix it?

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Also looking for this, 2007, passenger side(uk)

thanks