Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Gauge

alanpostman

can anyone tell me why the average mpg gauge only goes up to 60 mpg, when they say the car can do 64 mpg. i have averaged between 52 and 55 mpg but no higher even if i drive economically.

This was an odd one but on the early cars the MPG gauge only goes to 55.9mpg.

They sorted it out on later cars and changed the display to show up to 99.9mpg

You can either live with it like many people do or, you could speak to a main dealer and see what they say. I spoke to the dealer I got the car from after I bought it and they changed the display unit for the later one, no questions asked and free of charge. Others have had the same service too but my car was only 2 years old when I bought it so still under warranty.

The only downside to changing this unit is the total mile display is reset to zero. I have a note in my service manual saying the speedo was replaced at 11k miles and it's recorded at Toyota but if I was to sell the car privately and lost the page from the service record the new owner wouldn't know unless they checked? It wasn't recorded on MOT's either off course as the car has only had one of those after the change.

Craig.

Mine goes up to 99.9 but only when I'm coasting to a stop. =) It's a 2012 model.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links