Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Press Hard On Foot Brake And Trc/vsc Warning Light Comes On As Any O

biggun

Hi! all, A problem has just occured on my 59 plate Verso 2.0 D-4D T Spirit. When out driving if I am stationary with the engine running and press down reasonably hard on the brake pedal the TRC/VSC warning light comes on and the buzzer sounds once, then twice. Then when I release the pedal the car goes back to normal and drives no problem. Has any one out there got any thoughts as to what it can be? I don't understand why the brakes should affect the TRC/VSC warning light. One last thing the warning light and buzzer does NOT SHOW if I press the brake pedal when the hand brake is on as well.

I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. THANKS :help2:

Edited by biggun

It's not hill start assist working on your car is it? That works by applying the pedal hard whilst stationary, it holds the car on the brakes whilst giving you chance to do your hill start, just a thought?

Kingo :thumbsup:

As Kingo says it's the Hill Start Assist.

The first beep tells you it's engaged the second double beep tells you it's disengaged. The system automatically disengages if you release the brakes or apply the hand brake.

Hi guys thanks for the input on my problem. I'm a bit confused about it as I spoke to toyota this morning and they say "they all do this as its something to do with the ABS resetting its self they do it from new" as for the hill start theory my verso is a manual gearbox and I didn't think hill start worked on manual cars. I live in Lincolnshire so don't get much practice at hill starts Ha HA.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has the same model to see if thiers does the same. I don't know if i'm covinced by Toyota's answer but the car seems to be running perfectly as I say.

Anyway once again thanks for your thoughts guy's. Oh just remembered toyota said that the same thing happens on the Prius models. Thanks again Kingo & Duncerduncs. All the best

You don't need to be on a hill for the Hill Start Assist to work!

I'm not sure which tree the dealer was barking up, but they're not even in the right woods!

If you take your car out to a quiet road you can easily test it. Once you've heard the first beep and the TRC/VSC light is lit, get the biting point on the clutch (in first obviously), release the brake and the car will not move for a couple of seconds as the HSA holds the brakes for you.

If you're feeling brave, try it on a hill... :laughing:

Hi! Duncerduncs, Thanks again for your comment's. I'll give it a try next time I'm out and let you know how I go on. The owners manual explains the procedure for auto gearbox but doesn't say anything about manual so its worth giving it a go my nearest hill is 16 miles away so it may be a few days until I try it but I will post the results on this topic that way it may help some one else.

Thanks again for coming back to me with your views.

It's hill hold assist, our manual diesel Verso does the same. You have to press the brake quite hard.

Sorted, many thanks everyone for all your help I haven't tried it out yet but I'm sue its my problem solved. Thanks again.