Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Red Aygo (Almost Done)

Rolexas

Hi. Want to share some pictures of my 2006 Aygo. Bought as standard, invested about 1500 pounds into it to look like this. Its not over yet, planning to respray rear brake drum in black and front calipers in red and thinking about some decals on the sides. Maybe it will be helpful for others who also planning to do some changes on their aygo's.

post-121346-0-93702000-1369483275_thumb.

Lenso 15" Samurai D1R alloys with 195/45/15 tyres ~ £630.

Rear brake drums and calipers respray ~ £35 if you buy paint yourself, i was quoted £80 to do it at garage.

Windows tinted for £90 in lime black 5%

post-121346-0-17341100-1369483353_thumb.

Spoiler itself = £70 on eBay

Roof, mirrors respray in black+spoiler respray & fitting = £400

post-121346-0-65455600-1369483452_thumb.

seat covers = £47

custom car mats ~ £40-50

resprayed rev counted and fan rings myself with the can of red paint. Mixed the right paint at Halfords for £17. You just need to say the color code and wait.

Steering wheel cover £10 (now i took it away coz it was slightly too big).

post-121346-0-86635200-1369483652_thumb.

Audio Speakers Pioneer TS-g1021i 4" and TS-g1022i 4" (you can choose any brand for any price but the size that matters here. If you buy bigger ones than 4" you may find it difficult to install. To be honest the sound quality is better but still poor because the tiny Speakers can't do any BOOM BOOM stuff. For base you may need to look for under seat subwoofer or one in a back).

Toyota Seat belt pads from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16/276-6890019-5112436?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=toyota%20seat%20belt%20pads&sprefix=toyota+seat+belt%2Caps%2C273&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Atoyota%20seat%20belt%20pads

Gear knob and new red leather cover. Leather cover takes so time to change because you need to take the plastic frame carefuly and sew the new one on (my wife helped with this one :D )

For more extreme gear knob fans i would recommend to look for these ones and if you buy please post some pictures because i am thinking about one myself but its not a priority at the moment.

http://customredback.com/

Peek a boo sticker £1.89 :D

Tiny areal with red tip :)

post-121346-0-20830500-1369483748_thumb.

post-121346-0-26010500-1369483810_thumb.

post-121346-0-18895300-1369483881_thumb.

post-121346-0-80998800-1369483967_thumb.

More upgrades below :arrow:

Few more upgrades:

painted calipers and rear brake drums

post-121346-0-59742900-1370162759_thumb.

post-121346-0-86136200-1370162831_thumb.

Red trim around dashboard

post-121346-0-54571000-1370162892_thumb.

AYGO side stripes added today

post-121346-0-89995000-1370183715_thumb.

I think im done with it now. :)

EDIT: nop. just sprayed the door handles from inside in red color. Looks nice, didn't do any photos.

• 1 month later...

Few more upgrades:

attachicon.gifP1040494.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040496.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040501.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040700.JPG

Hi Rob, just joined club. Aygo on order. Planning to do some smaller changes to it(as it's new) yours looks smart. Very smart .Have sorted roof spoiler(ebay) fancy larger wheels, any ideas? will get TRD decals rear screen & side stripes

Few more upgrades:

attachicon.gifP1040494.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040496.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040501.JPG

attachicon.gifP1040700.JPG

Hi Rob, just joined club. Aygo on order. Planning to do some smaller changes to it(as it's new) yours looks smart. Very smart .Have sorted roof spoiler(ebay) fancy larger wheels, any ideas? will get TRD decals rear screen & side stripes

I don't know about the modifying new cars but be careful with your warranty. You may loose it if you add spoiler or alloys yourself.

Decals and stripes shouldnt affect your warranty as same as modifications inside the car like seat covers, trims around dashboard or neons somewhere in interior, better speakers/sub.

By adding everything i did on my car my insurance went up from 280 to 440/year. Im pretty sure you will loose warranty if you add spoiler and/or alloys/or tint windows.

• Like 1

:oops: Hello, totally forgot about warranty issue.Will be years off until I can really get cracking. Tinted windows standard so that's something. Looks if decals & wrap on roof will be ok.(perhaps).Cheers :cheers: Ali.

omg this look great, love the side vinyl sticker can you let me know where you got in from? and the aerial if you can (original is way to big!)

on eBay.co.uk. Aygo side stripes. It was 19.99 as i see now its not available anymore. There was several options of design. But there are similar ones. Areal was on eBay too. Quite cheap i think, about 3-5 pounds. But the radio signal is worse with short one. I dont listen radio much anyway.

To add side stripes took me about 2 hours (ask a friend for help coz 4 hands are better to hold). Clean very carefuly and use the instructions because basicaly you have only 1 shot to make it perfect. If you stick it wrong you wont have another chance to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the info, also did you put your spoiler on yourself if you did was it difficult?

Cheers for the info, also did you put your spoiler on yourself if you did was it difficult?

Bought on eBay with prime only. Then i had roof and mirrors planned to respray i also payed for spoiler spray and fitting. I wouldnt do that myself if i wouldnt have experience. Spoiler itself cost 60 pounds fitting and painting 70. But only because i did roof and mirrors aswell. If you look at eBay the prices of spoilers can vary from 60 to 300. Most expencive doesnt mean better.

• 2 months later...

Car is looking slick.

Is it just a case of taking a paintbrush to the calipers or more I'm depth? Always wanted to do it but not completely sure how.

Car is looking slick.

Is it just a case of taking a paintbrush to the calipers or more I'm depth? Always wanted to do it but not completely sure how.

Its easy to paint. I did it myself and it was my first time. You can do better with priming first then doing some extra layers etc etc. I did it simply:

bought Hammerite paint (or can use spray as i did on my rear drums. But calipers have spots where is harder to reach without spraying entire brake disc)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_167933_langId_-1_categoryId_255239

A simple brush, Sandpaper. Wire brush. Also can buy some kind of stuff which cleans metal surface but i wasn't using it.

Lift a car on 2 jacks (so you could do both sides in one go). Make sure your car won't slip back. Take the alloys off. Clean the calipers well. And simply use a brush to apply first layer of paint. Try to cover each visible spot. Take your time. Then wait for 1-2 hours to let paint to dry. Don't do it on wet and rainy day. More sun more heat-faster it will dry.

Repaint again. Leave for another 30min-1 hour. Repaint again. Let ir dry for another 30min-1h, put the alloys back on and leave the car overnight. For the next day or two you may smell burning paint then driving. At least i could smell it but it will go away.

I did the same with rear drums just with the spray and some tape to cover spots i didn't want to spray.

Btw i have a baby on the way so i may have to sell this car and buy a bigger one :disgust: (Don't want to sell it now ;) )

• 7 months later...

Wow this really looks beautiful! Want to start doing my little aygo up soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Wow this really looks beautiful! Want to start doing my little aygo up soon!!!

Good luck. Just be prepaired to spend about 1000-2000 pounds on it :)

I also added exhaust muffler now. Cheap, for 10£ but looks good. And also planning to buy (one day...this year) new gear knob from here:

http://www.customredback.com/

Yeah it's not cheap isit!

Really? That would creep me out in my car hahaha!!!