Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lpg Conversion

Stubod

Hi all,

Have recently "swapped" my R reg Rav 4, for a friends S reg 3 door Automatic (2ltr petrol). Mainly because this car has been owned by them from new (ie full service history), and has only done 60k miles......we intend to keep if for a while and I was wondering if it would be worth doing an LPG conversion?

Has anybody had one done on one of these,and what were the results?...nb would probably only be using it in the "6" "winter months", and probably not much mre than 4k miles....

Thanks....

The cost of conversion, potential reliability issues and already reasonable petrol consumption make a LPG conversion not worth the effort for 4k miles a year.

Now if you had a V8 Landrover doing sub 16 miles a gallon and did 25K a year it would be worth doing the maths :-)

Had lpg and unless as above you have a petrol gobbling car like a Jaguar etc then its not worth the hassle. I just had endless problems with the instals. You also have to decide where the gas tank will be fitted.- on a 3 door theres not a lot of spare space anywhere. The cost of buying and fitting will be more than the car is worth.

Hi both, and thanks for your replies...looks like I will be giving it a miss!

my 1998 rav is lpg got it converted about 3-4 years ago when the car had 86k now car has 152k had no problems and at around 65p a litre well worth it i think. mine is only single point injection so cheaper to install

66K Miles in 3-4 years starts making more sense for LPG :-)

Hi Mr. Billy,

Please could yo advise who did the conversion, and what ws the cost?..Alos, where did they put the tank?

thanks

apparently the conversion is best on the the early rav4s esp single point. mine was done at worsley autogas but got is reconfigured at g and n auto in helmshore. after the reconfigure it was way better. i went to g and n because i basically had a fall out with worsley lpg. cost was about a grand. it has a 60 ltr tank with a usable volume of 48 ltrs i normally fill up when red light comes on which is about 35 ltrs i get about 180 miles from that but im heavey footed. plus it uses flash lube to stop vavle seat ression 5 litre bottle lasts about a year or less. if you have any more questions just ask

Hi Mrbilly,

thanks for the reply, and the figures...I will crunch some numbers but I don't think it will work for us due to low annual mileage (only planning to use it over winter...we alternate it with an old MX5 ...6 months about, (MX crap in snow....and we are a bit "rural")...plus car is an early one an probably not worth much more than a grand...

..but I appreciate your time in replying

thanks....Stu

have a look on tinley tech i think they do kits you can fit yourself. it also depends on how long your keeping the car if its ages its worth it. plus its makes it dual fuel which is useful for very long journeys