Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Isofix For Toyota Rav 4 1999

curran13

HI i have a 1999 T reg Toyota Rav 4 GX Auto and it still runs without a problem I want to a particular car seat which needs isofix anchorage points I know Toyota Ravs fitted these from 2000 onwards is there anyway i can adjust my car change the seats, put in the fittings rather than having to change car?

Thanks

I think is a great deal to change the seats.

And.. the normal car seats that are fastened with the seat belts are as safe as the ones that are fastened with the isofix.

Regards

Mikis

HI i have a 1999 T reg Toyota Rav 4 GX Auto and it still runs without a problem I want to a particular car seat which needs isofix anchorage points I know Toyota Ravs fitted these from 2000 onwards is there anyway i can adjust my car change the seats, put in the fittings rather than having to change car?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The backs seats can be removed easily. However, you would need to be careful when measuring to see if any other seats would fit as the early version of the RAV was also the smallest. Subsequent versions were/are a bit wider i think. Cheaper to use the existing as Mikis says.

Be careful doing this. Any mistakes might leave you regretting it for the rest of your life. You either need to get a seat that is compatible with your current seat belts, get a very proffessional job done or change the car. Any car with ISOfix anchors will have had load testings done on the fixing AND the catches that let the seat tilt.

I'm not sure how to go about valuing the life of a baby but I would start at priceless and come way down to the cost of a brand new car..

If I was broke and couldn't do it right I would walk.

• Like 1