Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Boots

Uncle Buck

Winter tyres finally off & the rims will be refurbed (seems a typical Toyota problem). So a new set of boots went on today - Good Year Eagle F1 Assymetric on a 94Y rating. I chose the 'Y' instead of the normal 'W' as those particular tyres have a better rating for wet grip & wear.

It'll be interesting to see how these perform in the coming months, but I like the rim protection band which makes it harder to accidentally kerb the alloys. I never bump up onto pavements anyway, but it's a nice feature to have just in case. I'll report back in a while to let you know how they are for grip, noise, wear, etc. :)

Have been using the same tyres and they are great. The noise in 18" size and low profile is noticeable on such car as Auris, but after driving around for a while it doesn't disturb me anymore.

The grip is superb! I've read lots of reviews and tested them myself. The car bites the road and goes like on rails. Wether it's wet or dry, doesn't really matter. I personally didn't notice any significant difference.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback, nice to hear you like them & they perform well :)

As a side note, they 'appear' to give the wheels more camber - a bit like the stance you'd find on a touring car.

Are you sure that it's cabmer? To me they only add some stretched look to the tyres because of the rim protectors...

It's kind of both those things, but I would agree that the rim protectors do make them look wider than other tyres.

I just had new tyres put on my rims. I went for uniroyal rainsports. Didnt cost alot from camskil then i had a garage fit them for £20. Bargain :)

Be nice to hear how you get on with them. Also have you got any pics of this so called stanced look. Have you had your car 4 wheel aligned? maybe the camber is out? Also whats the rim protector? That like them coloured bands?

The rim protector is an extra band of rubber that is proud of the actual tyre by about 6mm. When the tyre is fitted to the wheel the rim protector is then proud of the edge of the alloy, if you accidentally nudge a kerb when parking, you will squash the rubber instead of damaging the alloy.

It isn't going to stop damage from bouncing off a kerb, it's their just to stop damage from those momentary lapses of judgement, or when you don't realise just how close to the kerb you actually are.

The rim protector is an extra band of rubber that is proud of the actual tyre by about 6mm. When the tyre is fitted to the wheel the rim protector is then proud of the edge of the alloy, if you accidentally nudge a kerb when parking, you will squash the rubber instead of damaging the alloy.

It isn't going to stop damage from bouncing off a kerb, it's their just to stop damage from those momentary lapses of judgement, or when you don't realise just how close to the kerb you actually are.

Ah right. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Never seen them before.

I think it is just a Goodyear thing - correct me if I'm wrong - I had it on the Goodyear F1 GSD3's a few years ago.

Now talking of boots, they were a spectacular tyre, perfect in every sense except for two points: they didn't like snow, and I could never get more than 20k out of them.

I won't be using them in snow as I have a set of Kleber Quadraxxers for the winter. As for wear, well I'll just have to wait & see ....

The wheel alignment is fine & well within tolerance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links