Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

05 Rav4 Styling (In And Out)

Garryoke

Just about to get a 3 Door 05 plate RAV4 XT3 and as I'm still a bit of a boy racer at heart I want to know what is out there to jazz it up a bit both inside and out? I've had a look on eBay and there doesn't seem that much out there apart from car mats, nudge bars, step plates etc and the odd different stereo surround and vent trim on the inside.

I want to tint the windows and probably upgrade the Speakers but are there any groups or sites that have photo's of what people have done, or how they have "pimped their RAV"?

Hi Garry,

Much respect for the uniform, and welome to the forum. Try and post up some phoateez when you get the new wean, and we will be able to see if it has some of the bits we would be recommending, (Side steps, side tubes, rear chrome tube, double exhaust, better alloys, etc.)

You may find that any weakness in the music front does not lie with the Speakers, but the source......not the greatest of car stereos, but watch what you spend......the laws of diminishing returns may surface very early. Also expand on yer description.....petrol or diesel?

Big Kev.

Agree with Kev, the XT3 spec was quite basic, and I think that the 3 door of that vintage would be one of the last models. Have a gander at the pinned photo section, loads to wade through, but it does give a lot of ideas, and info on what can be achieved. Welcome to the forum, loads of help available, and if yours is petrol, then virtually bullet proof! :driving:

Hi guys and thanks for the comments, the picture of me is from Facebook as that's how I log in and is very very old lol.

I like the idea of the side steps and I've always been into my ICE so sorting out Speakers etc will be no problem, but like you say it's the source! I like other dashboard bits and bobs and anything that looks a bit fancy, chrome heater rings etc (can you get them? My old Astra had all that stuff available on Ebay).

It's a manual petrol version with a lovely full leather interior and has the RAV4 stamped/embossed onto the front head rests - you know what any bloke is like when they get something new, I'll be taking photo's all week and taking time off work just to do so, so watch this space.

Hope you have the polish and the leather balm handy, looks like this weekend is the only weekend of the year when car owners will have the chance to be out cleaning their pride and joy :)

Me? Nope, off to the seaside...

Gus

Hope you have the polish and the leather balm handy, looks like this weekend is the only weekend of the year when car owners will have the chance to be out cleaning their pride and joy :)Me? Nope, off to the seaside...Gus

.........armed with a stripey one man tent and some violent glove puppets.....?

• Like 1

Unless thats a WWII uniform Garry, your amongst the oldest swingers in town. We thing matt brown paint is a bit fancy. My idea of customising is 2 furry dice and nothing, absolutely nothing that increases the noise of the exhaust by 1/10 of one decibel or more. I was thinking of painting my brake calipers maroon and cream though.

Ha Ha, am I a kid being the tender age of 43 then?

If I knew how to upload pictures here I would post a few of my upgrades lol

Ok im hoping these pics upload. The head unit is a Pioneer avic f930bt sat nav multi media dvd etc, there's a roof mounted dvd in the back with wireless headphones and in the boot there's a vibe 900 watt active sub not for volume but for sound quality.

post-131400-0-04583600-1370278350_thumb.

post-131400-0-01346200-1370278401_thumb.

post-131400-0-12720500-1370278455_thumb.

Excellent stuff, any upgrades on the outside?

Nothing much just side and rear step plus chrome detailing around the rear light cluster.

Are the light cover/details expensive?

Are the light cover/details expensive?

You bet your sweet Bippy they are, Garry......showing my age there.......they are extremely expensive, but aesthetically appealing.....do you require pictorial evidence.....?

yeah go on.... I'm only guessing what they look like

yeah go on.... I'm only guessing what they look like

Manyama.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links