Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Prius Revealed

cootuk

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Toyota-Prius-2014-new-hybrids-Lexus-inspired-interior-revealed/

Lots of parts from the Ct200h bin

Personally I don't like the standard dials, but I do hope the great big red passenger ejector button is still there.

Looks promising but like you, I don't like the standard dials. If I wanted standard I'd buy er a standard car ;)

Looks like a Lexus-lite interior inside the old Prius shape? To be honest I was hoping for something a little bit more revolutionary. Guess time will tell.

Guess the big red button is for when Bond drives it in the next movie. Lol.

I do prefer the gear selector back on the dash though.

I wonder if the HUD will be junked, unless the standard dials is a big decoy.

HUD Has been junked on the current model, so not likely to feature on any new model me thinks

Kingo :thumbsup:

It's a pity someone like Elon Musk (Tesla) doesn't get hold of a Prius drivetrain and turn it into something special.

A Prius needs to be a bit futuristic and push boundaries.

Hiya Guys

No way is that going to be the new Prius Dash, Sorry!!

HUD Has been junked on the current model, so not likely to feature on any new model me thinks

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'll be gutted if the HUD has been junked, personally - think it's a fantastic safety feature

HUD has not been junked for current model (if it has then I have been sold an old car!)

Well that write up on the 2014 Prius does not impress me too much. I prefer the gear lever in the centre consul. From the picture the dash looks awful, I agree with you Stompe. Getting rid of the HUD is a mistake I find it so useful. I hope the 2014 model is going to be better that that shown.

HUD has not been junked for current model (if it has then I have been sold an old car!)

It will be shortly

I find it hard to believe they'd drop the HUD and change the dash so drastically. The car has sold well, so why dramaticly alter it? Surely one of it's key selling points is the advanced technology; I'd be incredibly surprised if they made these changes.

I find it hard to believe they'd drop the HUD and change the dash so drastically. The car has sold well, so why dramaticly alter it? Surely one of it's key selling points is the advanced technology; I'd be incredibly surprised if they made these changes.

Don't the messenger but that's what I hear..............

HUD is excellent - every car should have it! Why the hell would Toyota junk it?

Ah - it costs of course, so b****r the aid to safety aspect.

Hiya all

I can't see that Toyota will use a load of Lexus parts, it is too much of a premium brand to put in a Prius. I don't believe for one minute that Toyota would cobble a dash together like the one in the picture (a gaffer tape special) look at the left corner of the dash, a big hunk of gaffer tape where its no where near fitting. What I'm curious about is the big red stop emergency button, could it be a hydrogen powered vehicle. I'm hoping that the 2014 Prius will be a big step up. I was really disappointed with the 2013 one as I think it was a backward step to my Prius which is a 2009 T-Spirit with tech pack. I thought the HUD lost it's sat nav facility, the CD disc was just one slot and to me looked cheap instead of the open and close one. The only advantage I see was they have changed the crap sat nav hard drive but it still seems to have its problems. I didn't care much for the upholstery in the new one either, the only thing I wished I had on mine was the Radar cruise control. I wanted the Lexus CT 200 but yet again another backward step to my Prius. Stompe :driving:

I wondered if all the electrical tape was to stop the dash board from rattling? :euro:

I wondered if all the electrical tape was to stop the dash board from rattling? :euro:

Lol :bangin:

maybe they were custom tuning the new rattles so each panel rattles at a different road speed.

No, the big red button does that, each time you hear a dash rattle you press the button and it squirts out expanding foam under the dash. :laughing:

Hello Everyone, This is my first post on this forum. I've been a member of priuschat.com for several years now but didn't realise we have a forum a bit more closer to home. I am one of the early adopters who got a prius gen III in early Sept 2009 (and lost the extended warranty and all the rest), vowed I'd never repeat that mistake again and here I am after three years, keeping watch on any sort of news on Gen IV:) With regard to these particular spy shots, the common belief on priuschat is that this is just a test mule and is unlikely to represent the end product. Looking at the styling direction Toyota has taken with the new Auris, it is unlikely Gen IV prius will be a simple incremental upgrade from current model shape. I am actually an avid fan of the NS4 concept and up to now, I had little hope we will see such a design on a prius because the prius shape is heavily tuned for minimal wind drag. But we know that Mecedes Benz have managed to come up with a good looking CLA Saloon that achieves a wind drag coeff of 0.21 so the potential of seeing NS4 is still there. Whatever the design, I really hope they put more effort into the build quality of the car. I really like my Gen3 but the dash does rattle which is wrong whichever way we look at it.

Yes, it gives you a warm feeling that someone buying the same car shortly after you still has two more years of warranty, while your Weasel Warranty has run out.

And the rattles reflect a build quality that is not as good as the Gen II.

"I can't see that Toyota will use a load of Lexus parts, it is too much of a premium brand to put in a Prius."

Reading Autocar's article on the next Prius, the following quotes are relevant:

"Next-gen Toyota Prius moves upmarket"

"to reflect the Prius’s more premium positioning in the Toyota range."

Presently the low-spec Prius' are priced fairly close to the high-spec Auris'; it appears the new model will open up the gap. Start saving now!

I want gull wing doors like the Tesla X

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, cannot believe that this will be the new dash. The big attraction of the Gen 3 over the Gen 2 is the swooping dash. Having been in the Lexus CT200, the thing that stopped me buying that was the dash which seems very backward compared to the Prius. The basic model sat nav was awful and the top model uses a mouse like creation which seems to complicate issues. I can see it is to avoid finger marks but we do have cloths! Bang & Olufsen did the same on their music system and used a wheel structure to avoid finger marks. Non ergonomic and a failure.

The HUD is only useful if it has a useful function - i.e. the sat nav. As this is now only available with Touch Pro, I would not be surprised to see it go.

"The HUD is only useful if it has a useful function - i.e. the sat nav. As this is now only available with Touch Pro, I would not be surprised to see it go."

The second generation Touch & Go will be launched early 2014 - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/148675-touch-go-next-generation-no-cd-player/ - presumably fitted in the next generation Prius.