Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

About To Buy An Avensis But What Do The Abreviations Mean?

keithj057

Hi,

Now about to purchase a 2.0 VVT-I T3-x, 2004 model, but can anyone tell me what the abreviations mean please, and also would this be a cam belt or chain, if a cam belt when would this need changing, haven't picked the car up yet so cannot get hold of the history.

many thanks

Keith

VVT - is Variable Valve Timing, means the Valve Timing changes depending on the revs thus making the engine operate more efficiently.

I - I imagine would just mean Injection ?

T3-x - is the trim level, e.g. T2, T3, TR, T4, T-spirit

I think they are belts on this engine? not sure.

As Ben565 said VVT is variable valve timing.

i - is actually "intelligent" and refers to that fact that the variable valve timing is computer controlled.

T3-x is the trim level, higher specced than a T2 similar to a T3-s but lower specification than a T4 and T-spirit

All VVT-i engines are timing chain driven.

Thanks gents for your replies,its appreciated, took it for test drive last night, nice, smooth, quiet and comfortable, even better than the honda accord which was my previous car, did have a problem with the smell of petrol coming through the vents when tried air con, (bit worrying) but did find out later that when they done the service earlier in the day they didn't put put the oil filler cap back on correctly, so now they got to steam clean the engine, oops, so got to wait till next week now before i get it

did find out later that when they done the service earlier in the day they didn't put put the oil filler cap back on correctly

Doesn't sound like the best service centre

That's seriously poor ! It's a basic 'must' to put the oil cap back on securely. As for the smell of petrol, could be a number of things. Split in a hose, leaking gasket, or an overfuelling issue. I'd make sure this is looked at to be confident it's not a safety issue .......

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links