Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner - What Do I Need To Watch Out For ?

tubaman

As an Avensis T180 owner for many years, just bought two 2011 Aygo `Go`s with 3K & 11K on the clock.

Anything I need to watch out for or be aware of as a first time Aygo owner ?

Not much really since you have the 2011 model. They should have the new water pump and the new clutch, the two problem areas with earlier Aygo. Water leakage has been the third problem and it does not seem to be limited to any particular year (so it is just a question of luck). Engine and road noise is the fourth problem common to all Aygos but they can be reduced by good DIY soundproofing. Enjoy your car!

Thanks guys, just what I was hoping for and wanting to hear

Looking at buying 07 Aygo vvti+ 3 door, 37k new clutch and brakes, no parcel shelf, scratch on bumper and deep scratch on one of the doors. The guy wants £3450. What do you think is a fair price?

Looking at buying 07 Aygo vvti+ 3 door, 37k new clutch and brakes, no parcel shelf, scratch on bumper and deep scratch on one of the doors. The guy wants £3450. What do you think is a fair price?

I think it is very expensive for a car from 2007. For that price you could get a much later Aygo and in a better condition here in Sweden. Aygo has lost its environmental friendly status here since 2013 beginning. The law has a more stricter criteria for environmental friendly cars. The public is dumping Aygo for hybrid cars.

Yeah, decided to give it a miss and keep my eyes pealed for a good private sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a august 2010 aygo blue vvti+ for £4775 in the end. Well hybrids may be more environmentally friendly on fuel consumption, but their carbon foot print they leave before they even exit the factory, is a bit of an issue.

Bought a august 2010 aygo blue vvti+ for £4775 in the end. Well hybrids may be more environmentally friendly on fuel consumption, but their carbon foot print they leave before they even exit the factory, is a bit of an issue.

Absolutely, agree with you regarding the hybrid cars and their foot print. BUT the government here is an "idiot" that has come up with a most complicated way to determine which cars are environmentally friendly. It takes into consideration the fuel used (fair enough) and the weight of the car (this is where the problem starts). For instance you have Aygo, a small car with a small engine and a low weight and the weight actually plays against it. A bigger car with a fuel efficient diesel engine or a largev SUV with a small hybrid engine would definitely qualify for it. To show how ridiculous it has been, one of the motor journalist took one of the smallest kia cars and did the calculation (with regards to fuel type, weight etc) and the car did not qualify for the environmentally friendly status and then he threw in a spare wheel in the car and suddenly with the new higher weight, the car qualified for that status!

Well hybrids may be more environmentally friendly on fuel consumption, but their carbon foot print they leave before they even exit the factory, is a bit of an issue.

Not entirely correct.............

The subject has been done to death, especially in the USA. The process of making the Hybrid Battery and motors is more intensive than for a standard vehicle. (Remember the Hummer was supposed to have a better carbon footprint than a Prius) but it depends over what timeline you run that. If you ran a Hybrid and a conventional car side by side, the conventional vehicle requires far more energy to operate and will emit more greenhouses gas over its lifetime, the breaking point is around 160K miles and is getting better with newer Battery technology

Just saying :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yeah suppose, but advertising the Prius as an zero carbon footprint is an issue. The batteries ae made in Canada, then shipped to tokio, then shipped to another manufacturing plant before arriving in the uk. That is the issue with them.

Well, let's not get carried away. Prius has never been advertised as a zero carbon footprint! Nothing has a zero footprint. Let's take a basic requirement for life, water. Water is pumped from it's source, chemicals added, filtered, pumped through concrete pipes by electric pumps that are powered by fossil burning power stations, then maybe put into a plastic bottle full of hydrocarbons

All I'm saying is Hybrids do not have as huge a carbon footprint as the knockers would have you think, particulary as they are now being built in the UK

Kingo :thumbsup: