Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Gauge Fault

Paul Gailey

Is there a devoted fuse for the fuel gauge?

My gauge is not moving and I'm hoping it's nothing more serious than a blown fuse.

It sounds like to me fuel gauge sender unit is faulty,don't know how to access this though,on other cars if you shorted the 2 wires together and see if the gauge went up to the top it was not the gauge its self so its the sender unit.

I had a simular fault a few weeks ago but it sorted it self but will need to check it out soon I'm kinda thinking that the sender unit is accessed from under the rear seats ? Hope this helps mate I soon will be removing my sender to clean the unit and clean the mesh filter

Alas this morning the Battery was flat, even though the gauge still shows full. Removing the seats to get to the sender sounds awkward. Gonna have to look into this a lot more. :(

You won't need to remove seats just lift up as if you was lowering your rear seats to make the boot larger !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links