Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3 Door 05 Rav4 Forum Group?

Garryoke

Hi all, as I'm new to this group can anyone tell me if there is a thread or forum on here specifically designed for three door users? I've looked and looked but can't find anything (shall I start one myself maybe).......

I suspect that you would have a very exclusive membership Garry...............

Hi all, as I'm new to this group can anyone tell me if there is a thread or forum on here specifically designed for three door users? I've looked and looked but can't find anything (shall I start one myself maybe).......

Is it something we said??

• Like 1

I've looked all over the net to see if there is anything. I know Vauxhall and Ford have loads of different and mostly fan made websites, but it looks like this is the only one out there for UK Toyota owners

We were going to have a 3 door 2005 forum but that was only for diesel engines and green paintwork but we thought it wasn't quite exclusive enough. Anyway, despite our faddyness we'll talk about anything RAV. Where would you like to start?

Let me pick it up on Monday first, then take some pics and then annoy you lot every night on here for the next week at least lol

Nice one buddy. Keep us updated.

• Like 1

I've got ma wife's 3 door up here Garry......we could name our forum Divide and Plonker......can I be Divide..?

Hmm... not many lovers of the three doors on here then

How the Flake did you arrive at that assumption, Gaz min....?

I doubt there are as many three door RAVs about since Toyota stopped production in 2006............

We do have some earlier ones represented though.

A small but select band. It's not our fault that Mr.T didn't make enough of them to satisfy demand.

• Like 1

Indeed, select you are, young Gary. :donatello: However, looking around there seem to be quite a few 3 door RAV's down south, mostly driven by women. As far as I know, no one makes a 3 door utility any more, although Suzyukky tried as well as Mr T.

You may one day become collectable!!! :driving:

I have always maintained that the 3 door is the best looking and proportioned model ever produced. I have to say that in my minds eye it wouldn't look right in 4.3 or 4.4 guise and the decision to stop was probably correct.

"I have always maintained that the 3 door is the best looking and proportioned model ever produced."

post-70734-0-42763600-1370341673_thumb.j

Agreed! I've always thought it looked beautifully styled - especially the wrap-round rear window - which would have transformed the 5-door. (Doesn't the Merc ML have the same nice feature?) The US-offered V6 must have been fun.

Three-door has never been my choice, and the last ones I had were a couple of Mini's, one from 1959, the other from 1970. Pain in the back when you have a full compliment to carry, but OK for a two-seater.

ok how do I post photos on here lol

Cheers Dave, looks like I can also click right and copy the picture's URL so here goes...

ok so it just leaves a link to follow, annoying but it worked.

Well this is my new motor, I do like it a LOT, but what Mk, edition etc is it? All I know is it's a 3 door 05 RAV4 XT3 in silver with full leather interior.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969212_10151947335865830_1057361853_n.jpg

It's a 4.2, and if it has full leather, this must have been an option as not standard on the XT3.?

• Like 1

Richt Garry....so ye want to bling yer Rav....

Phoaty 1...shows what I consider to be the mandatory side steps, which act as full length mudflaps too, and stop lotsa crud getting flung on to sides and doors.

Phoaty 2...shows the rear tube, which I retained after removing the side TUBES, which really were IMHO pretty useless things. I retained the rear tube as I considered it more attractive than the wee toaty matching step as the side ones,,,,,invite to kids for standing on....?

Note also the chrome light clusters, fitted as standard to this Granite Limited Edition, but more so the recent addition of a stainless TTE twin exhaust supplied by a fellow member hereon at a ridiculous price.......he gave me it free and gratis, so proves there are nice people in That England after all......?

I had to pay for a wee fabrication and two stainless tail pipes to finish it off.

Phoaty 3....shows a wee grille conversion available on eBay made in That Poland I think. Just waiting for Oor Aaron up there in Moray offering me his TTE GRILLE at mates' rates coz he isnae gonnae use it......

Note also recent addition of colour coded Reversey Beep-Beeps....Anchorchap and Andy shcm asked me to show them how to fit these......brill things.....Funnerburd Too has more blind spots than a teenager's acne......

Good Luck with the new wean.......Big Kev post-59404-0-79151200-1370586413_thumb.jpost-59404-0-32439100-1370586436_thumb.jpost-59404-0-22385300-1370586458_thumb.j

Well this is my new motor, I do like it a LOT, but what Mk, edition etc is it? All I know is it's a 3 door 05 RAV4 XT3 in silver with full leather interior.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/969212_10151947335865830_1057361853_n.jpg

As Kev says, if it has leather, that would have been an extra-fit dealer option on the XT3. One way you can confirm it is an XT3, not a high spec with wrong Badge is if you have standard A/C and not climate control.

The looks are transformed by adding side steps/tubes (I personally like the tubes more then the steps, but would agree less effective at dirt splash control).

You also need to get that front wheel fixed! Looks horrible :( (RAV4 wheels tend to get lumpy after a few years, so no great surprise they would need sorting).

RAV4 4.2.5 (.5 is facelift version like you have) 3 Door is probably generally acknowledged be the best looking RAV of all time, so a good choice you have made there :)

.............and that fence needs painting Big_Kev......no more pictures til it's sorted please :lol:

• Like 1

Nice little RAV Garry but being that tall, how do you manage to fit in it :ermm:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links