Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 2003 D4D Fuel Filter Housing Problem?

billythefrog

Dear all, can anyone tell me what the wires to the top of the fuel filter housing is on my RAV4 D4D? I have been experiencing terrible limp mode problems for some time were the engine would lose all power and not run above 2000rpm. Tried all sorts of things but eventually bypassing the fuel filter has fixed it. I had already replaced the filter so I assume there must be something wrong with the filter housing which has a float switch at the bottom and another set of wires to the top, but what is this? I understand that air leaking in can be a problem which I'll look at again when I take it off (I guess air leaks would mean replacing the housing) but if I know what the mystery sensor is and how to test it I can then check it out. HELP???

post-126925-0-57507900-1370084416_thumb.

Its a fuel heater to stop the fuel from waxing in the filter.

Many thanks for that, so I guess the heater can't be the reason for the limp mode kicking in so it must be a restriction in the housing or an air leak causing the fuel starvation, or maybe that silly float switch could be intermittent?? Cheers Tim

Tim

The float switch at the bottom has nothing really to do with the flow unless it draws air there. If the rubber O ring is in place, I can't see how. All it does is indicate if the presence of water has cause the float to rise. For what they cost, I would go and negotiate 10% off at my local Toyota or get one delivered by Kingo.

You sure you didn't bypass the pipe from the filter to the pump as well? Can you photograph the bypass job so we can refer to it in future please?

Cheers

Don

• 2 years later...

Hello. Can you tell me the part number for that filter housing, because mine manual pump part dont working. Can i repaire it or have to buy a new or used one?