Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina Fuel Gauge

jim1933

I have a 1996 Carina E 'Solair' 1800, it looks like my fuel gauge needle is stuck in the half empty position, should the gauge needle return to the empty position when the ignition is switched off? as mine just stays where it is, half way, help much appreciated :thumbsup: cheers Jim.

Hi jim1933!

The gauge is suppoused to remain in the last meassure when the engine goes off. But have you ever used till the reserve light is on? Have it marked empty anytime?

If it does, may be there is nothing wrong with it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Coyote from BA

Argentina

Many thanks Coyote

I have never noticed before if the gauge had ever returned to the empty position, if as you say it stays at the position it is when the ignition switch is off I will pay attention to see what happens as the tank gets lower, I have never run it till the tank empty warning light has come on so I will try doing that :thumbsup: Cheers Jim. Worcester. England.

Hi - The guage is supposed to remain at the correct level when the ignition is turned off... My '96 Carina does the same. Also lists it as a feature in the handbook.

If you're saying that it never changes from the 1/2 mark, regardless of how much fuel there really is, well then you may have more of a problem!

:thumbsup:

Hi - The guage is supposed to remain at the correct level when the ignition is turned off... My '96 Carina does the same. Also lists it as a feature in the handbook.

If you're saying that it never changes from the 1/2 mark, regardless of how much fuel there really is, well then you may have more of a problem!

:thumbsup:

Hi phues

Thanks for confirming the needle stays at the level position, I think the handbook came with the car when I bought it a short time ago I will search it out, again thanks :thumbsup: cheers Jim.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links