Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Breaking Down In France !

jayfree

I never hope this happens of course especially with my Avensis but the thought occured , so I am asking for guidance from anyone who had the misfortune to be so affected.

The question is ...do you stay with the car ie loaded up with your luggage if you breakdown and they have to take it away ie either tow it or on the back of a " loader " .

The thought if letting it out of sight loaded up with all your gear is a tad worrying , to say the least.

If anyone has any experience or advice on this aubject , I would be very grateful to hear it.

Regards to all .

To anyone who has been unfortunate enough to stumble across this....please ignore.

I must have had a funny five minutes for being so stupid as to raise such a question.

good luck to all Avensis Drivers and all Toyota Drivers too.

Best.....

No questions are stupid

You should have confidence that by owning a Toyota you are most unlikely to break down anywhere particularly in France

If you are concerned about a car problem whilst abroad maybe you should consider getting the Toyota Roadside Assistance Scheme for around £ 64 which covers you in the event of a breakdown in the UK and in Europe

In such case both you, your car and luggage and your passengers would be fully covered :)

Hi and thanks Red Yaris for taking the time and trouble to come in on this.

I did feel like a bit of a "nellie" because I am covered by my Club Toyota Roadside Assistance and always have been in fact ever since owning a Toyota Car since 1992.

I just had a "mini" worry about say having a puncture and with the silly spare wheel I have and therefore how do you get a new tyre or a puncture repair in the middle of a French autoroute plus on top of all that..having to take all the luggage out to get to this "Silly spare wheel"( you know the one where you cant drive on it going more that 30 miles an hour etc. And as someone else said never leave you car with all tha luggage in it , if you want to see it again etc.

so I will observe that ..ie whatever might happen , if it does, stay with the car !

I hope you would agree ! and thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links