Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driver Doors Wont Lock/unlock , Avensis Mk1

Mar4ix

HI, i have avensis, mk1 , '98.

I cannot get work original remote lock, as key fob is broken, and couldnt really find replacment. To avoid all hassle, i just got central locking module from china, installed, and aftermarket central lock system working fine, BUT......

driver door wont lock , or un lock, it doesnt work from door lock button from inside car either.

all other doors locking system working good from button or aftermarket remote, but except driver door. when locking driver door with key, central lock system work .

So far i have changed door lock mechanism, wiring and that door/window control thing(where is buttons open close windows and lock the doors) , which in driver door, problem still persists.

Any idea, what problem could be ?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

any one has idea ? Maybe somebody would have wiring diagram, which wires does make driver door lock or un-lock, i have discovered on old lock, that there is two wires, which connected to + and - does make lock motor work, and when swap polarities it works opposit way, maybe i have some wiring mismatch , and i could do relocate wiring, to match those wires in connector, which is in footwell , at right leg, where door wiring connects in to cars wiring ... there is two connecters.

thanks

Does the drivers door lock manually using the key? Are you certain there is no problem with the aftermarket central locking?

Does the drivers door lock manually using the key? Are you certain there is no problem with the aftermarket central locking?

aftermarket remote central locking module wired only with two wires to native central locking system, which triggers central lock system, open or close doors.

driver door locks with key no problem, in same time locks / unlocks all doors also, but from inside car, when press door lock button, all doors locks, but not the driver door, when push knob on driver door to lock it, it does locks, but not trigger central lock system.