Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why I Can't Trust Garages

battleaxe

My 09 reg 4-3 has been to my local Mr T agent 3 time for one thing or another, on the print out they gave me twice was stated my pad were 65% worn and front discs needed replacing for the meager sum of £240.00 well today I decided to have a look see, what a load of cods wallop, plus gave the caliper a lick of paint

B-A

post-125480-0-74611300-1370373096_thumb.

post-125480-0-86081400-1370373117_thumb.

post-125480-0-14730000-1370373152_thumb.

what are the actual measurements of the discs and pads in mm as there is not a huge amount on the discs, pads com with about 13mm and go down to 1-1.5mm

Alex

The discs have no visable wear as such, there was a lip of crud less than .5 m/m inside and out. pads were 6-7m/m. will look to renewing them end of September time, bearing in mind the rav has only covered 23000 todate.

B-A

in term of BRAKES it seems like the easiest money that garages can make, in poor eastern europe they tend to do tests on TUV approved german equipment which measures actual BRAKING force of the car (it even does a whole print out with all details, obviously you can believe it), rather than UK where subjective opinion of one person using pair of eyes (hopefully in a good mood) can determine massive costs without grounds

GOOD point about: brakes

Edited by maks
It's BRAKES!

A garage told me my brakes (on my other car) were 80% worn. That's great I said, I've done 80,000 miles on those brakes so they'll last another couple of years yet!!

Dave

• 2 months later...

just put my mic. on the front disc= 27.68 +- 005 mm plenty of meat. now the duffers bit, forgot to size the brake pads themselves, wheel back on, any one know the size of the pads for a xtr 136hp 2008 model ta.

B-A

thank you kind sir, saves me a lot of graft

B-A