Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats In And Whats Out

coke_corolla

So what mods do you think are gonna be big this year??

ill start things rollin with my opinion..

i think flip paints gonna be out and be replaced with more basic colours, like white black and red..and maybe colour coded wheels will be back inspeacially on white cars.

shaved door handles out to be replaced with fittin handles for other cars.

lexus style lights out unless there're made for a different car....so i think removing your origanal ligths and replacing them with lights off other car will be massive...

just imagine honda s2000 lights on a corolla gti-16...sweet or focus style lights in the C-Pillars

anyway thats my opinion so whats yours?

"Fashion is so ugly it has to be changed every 15 minutes. Where as (true) style is timeless."

Therefore I do not follow fashion <_<

well said Carl....

Why follow what every other muppet is doing, surely if you are going to add 'mods' to your car it should be because you like the way it looks not becasue everyone else on the block has done the same thing.

If you add today's top mods all your going to have to do is change them every couple of months when they go out of fashion anyway...........

i didnt say i follow em did i........i just asked what people thought were gonna be big mods this year... :D

the whole point in moddin your ride is to be different...so if you predict whats gonna be cool you can be the first--then you arnt copying anyone there all copying you..

It's hard enough finding the time and money to do the mods in the first place, let alone changing them every five minutes because they have gone out of "fasion". :ph34r:

one off flip paints always going to be in fashion.standox excluecive range always going to ensure that.as for the rest bits and bobs always going to float in and out of fashion,that is the way.but been different from the norm always keeps you 1 foot ahead but as always is expensive. :(

gotta say IMHO unless you have a silly smount of money why bother too much with the outside of the car, isn't it more beneficial to upgrade the parts of the car which would make it handle better and go faster as at the end of the day that's more fun, by adding all the extra's to the outside of the car all your doing is slowing the car down as your adding more weight and no more power.

bo**ocks.....when your my age engine mods are impossible because of insurance..so i have to stick with styling..and anyway you can hardley say decent engine mods are gonna be cheaper then styling mods......but thats just my opinion...

***** i wish i didnt start this topic..people just wanna argue :(

i only asked what people thought was gonna be cool this year

Yeah I have to say that it is quite difficult with insurance companies when you are young, I'm 20, they are starting to be a little more reasonable with me now, it's still expensive, but I am insuring a TSport this year for less than a GS last year, so must be improoving. At the end of the day it is all down to what your interested in. My interest is Audio, which is pretty much the only modifications I made to my GS, and security of course, but that goes without saying.

I don't know how everyone else does it, but I make a list of stuff I want to do to the car, in pretty much the priority order I want to do it.

It usually looks a bit like this:

1. Security

2. Upgrades and reinstallation of the audio equipment

3. Wheels, tyres and suspension (mainly because they make a big visual impact pretty quickly, and also performance gains as well for the same money - bargain!)

4. Induction kit

5. Exhaust

6. Further performance mods.

I don't tend to bother with body modifications, I buy cars that I like the look of - maybe I will soon but body mods seem to cost a lot of money, and at the end of the day, I've paid a lot of money for the car in the first place, so im not going to pay twice to replace the bodywork.

Steve.

If Max POwer have there way it'll be the led license plate holders, tac in my opinion but there you go....

Big IMO will be body mods that are also subtle rather than OTT...

Saying that all I really want to do to this car is get a better nose on her, no point doing anything else til I upgrade to the turbo, well twin turbo if I get my way but needs serious funds for that little project....

one day....

I am going for underbody neon now the car is nice and low - i might put neon in the boot install - but I only go for ambient lighting - neon looks crap if you can see the light source - like the underboady neon, i like a nice glow - but not the impression that the car is decorated like a Christmas Tree.

I aggree with you boys - the neon washjets and stuff look really gash!

Steve.

yea i agree i saw some t#@t in a fiesta the other day who had fitted under car neons..but they werent behind the skirts enough so you could see the tubes.......fool......i mean does he think that looks good

i agree with you all about the neons. they DO look complete kak if you can see the tubes.

but going back to the headlights....... i was thinking about putting some BMW angel eyes in my corolla gti (although i realise that is not gonna be cheap)

any thoughts or comments on what that would be like?

if anyone is any good at editing pics on paintshop etc i would very much like to see what looks like

thanx

You could always use the neon string to mod your headlights for the "angel eyes" effect - i recon if you did a good job, it could look better than the BMW ones - i wonder if the coppers would give you a load of greif - would make an interesting argument :D

Steve.

perhaps, but i have normal big-***** headlights at the mo so i dont know what they would look like.

i guess i could just put it round the edges and poss. around the grill too.....

:lol: I personally think they look a little !Removed! anyway - I can't say i would want to impersonate a BMW 5 series driver somehow.

so you recon basic colours like white will be in fashion.......with white wheels.................

that is good news, maybe i was just ahead of the times

post-17-1046381773.jpg

• 1 month later...

is that an 'ingredients' list or a 'shopping list' on the front wheel arch ? ;)

the next big mod will be airbag suspension, i've been driving lowriders for onver 5 years now and the technology has developed enough for every spotty urchin to buy and install replacement strutts with airbags fitted, whilst they are not as much fun as real hydros' they are good for what they do and ride quality isnt compromised, but they are more for park and drop rather than front-back-side to side and three wheel, pluys Mcpherson strutts are ******* for any sort of adjustable suspension.

personally is see the next craze thats takin off is those stupid neons under body. is there still the issue of whether those things are illegal or has that been cleared up now.

i reckon two tone paintworks (upper half one colour , bottom half another) becomin the next big thing too...

the rainbow tints - some mad glitter effect in the screen - might take off over the summer

quads will probably come back to replace the bad boy bonnents....

thats all i can think of now. i just hope the american low riders theme doesnt take ver the !Removed! big rims decked to fill the arches approach. oh and i hope the chrome wheel thing doesnt last too long either, anyone seen those in the states where the center cap is on a seperate spindle and carries on spinning when u stopped? how tacky? :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links