Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 T180 Run Flat System Tyres And Pressure Sensors

gaza boy

I have a 06 T180 with Bridgestone Dueller tyres. I have been thinking of removing the metal bands as I have problems

in getting my tyres changed locally. I have been informed by Toyota that if the bands are removed the pressure sensor light with either flash or stay on. Is this correct? Can I keep the duellers on without the bands? If not, can anyone recommend a tyre or solution.

Hi,

You can remove the rings, and still keep the tyre pressure sensors, and fit standard tyres.That's what I have done and quite a few others. Your light won't flash unless a sensor is damaged and rendered useless.

Alternatively you can remove the sensors and disable the light. A guide is available on how to do this on this forum.

Regards

Lee

That's not quite right ...

The tyre pressure sensors are build into the valves. As long as you keep the valves intact the TPMS will work correctly with or without the Bridgestone Support Rings (metal bands).

Someone with the correct equipment and/or sufficient care should be able to remove the metal bands without damaging the valves.

If you choose to go ahead and remove the bands, you must also replace the tyres - you mustn't use the Duellers with the run flat logo without the bands fitted. You can, of course, replace the Duellers with the run flat logo with next to identical Duellers without the run flat logo or indeed many other makes of tyre ... recommendations will surely be along soon or search the forum.

I've chosen to leave the BSR system in place on mine, but several others have made the change ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links