Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq3 Vs Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

nattyboy

A strange topic I know.

I just thought I would share a thought with you.

We have owned our IQ3 for 5 months now and every time I drive it it make me smile. Very happy, and probably one of the best cars we've owned (and we've had many across a range of categories!)

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to buy a Porsche 911 which I collected on my birhday. And as you'd expect packing 370hp it's awesome and sounds/looks amazing. I love it.

But do you know what - the little IQ runs it very close in terms of fun factor which is amazing really considering one cost £12k and the other £88k !!

I also posted up the pic below of the cars I own on a porsche 911 forum and all they wanted to know about was the little IQ and how it drove :>) !

Just goes to show you you dont need power to have a good time !

post-8893-0-35115600-1370614225_thumb.jp

Very, very nice iQ nattyboy, I also like the BMW estate. As for the Porsche... lovely motor. I like the colour of the 911, but I dont know if I would ever want one. Mostly because I can't decide what kind of car I like best. I am currently a huge fan of the new F-type. When a better car than that comes out, that will be my favourite I'm sure. I sometimes think our 1.0 iQ manual sounds rather like a Porsche, in that it has that high speed thrum from the engine. I say that as I have seen/heard enough of them during my life to know what they sound like. During acceleration as the revs rise... it's not much like a 911. but that sound is similar to my ears. Of course, its not often I hear that sound as I do drive it more economically... gotta rush, just rememered F1 Free practice is on.

Hi, you should hide your number plate when you display pics on internet... cheers

Why? I never have and no one can trace a cars location by the plates, Only the police and the DVLA can do that and they don't hand out the information to anyone that asks?

Your iQ looks just like mine. :)

Craig.

Why? I never have and no one can trace a cars location by the plates, Only the police and the DVLA can do that and they don't hand out the information to anyone that asks?

Your iQ looks just like mine. :)

Craig.

I think one reason for not showing the plate and car combination is to make it less easy for someone with the same car, and colour, as you having your plates made up, which is meant to be difficult these days but still possible, and then using the car as if it was yours.

So ANPR cameras think it has an MOT, as yours may have but their car does not, and the same with road tax.(when applicable).

They can also drive through speed cameras and you get the ticket and they don't, for example.

It does happen apparently.

Nasty people.

John

Looking at it as it drives along gives them plenty of chance to clone the number.

Or looking on Autotrader for a similar car to take the number from is pretty easy.

Put the Reg No. into ASKMID.com tells you if it shows as insured.

directgov.uk/DVLA 'Vehicle enquiry' shows if it has current road tax.

3 minutes and a suitable number for cloning is there for them.

The 3 cars in the pic make for a Garage that covers all the bases IMO.

lovely.

george

Thanks guys. Yes - never really understood what all the fuss was about in showing your plate on a forum/ad.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links