Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Seats In Aygo Pimped?

Jamesarcher

Just a thought, has anyone tried carpeting the back seats black finish? Most modern cars have a carpet back finish to stop noise and ware. If so how did it look?

As the back of the rear seats is not flat it you may not get a decent finish.

Not even with the correct tools and products? such as a hard roller, strong spray glue and thin carpet. I think I will try a bit out on a old radiator and see how smooth a finish I can get. If that works then I will think about it some more.

Well if you want a flat finish, what you could do is get some thin sheet metal, e.g. aluminium and cut it to the profile of the rear of the seat, bond the carpet to it and then stick this carpet panel to the back of the seat.

If you have a thin carpet, good adhesive and roller then you could work it onto the profile of the back of the seat. Trying on the radiator is a good idea.

Only thinking about this because when the seats are down with luggage etch, they easily can get scratched. Not bought my aygo yet, just trying to resolved some issues I have with it.

An alternative might be some good quality self adhesive vinyl, and it will be easy to remove at a later stage.

Get some rubber underlay / soundproofing from a decent carpet shop.. and cut it to size.. its great stuff..

Picked up my aygo yesterday. As I though the back of he seats are scratched. Did a motor way journey and sounds a bit noises under spare wheel and rear seats. Been told carpet underlay felt works as a good sound proof. Also got lots of felt wrap for pipes, going to put this in the gap around the spare tyre. Underlay £34 felt wrap £2

Sound proofed the boot today. Put speaker carpet in around the spare wheel, and up around the wheel arches. Amazed by the sound difference.

i done this back in jan shortly after getting ours,i used the foam carpet underlay under the rear seats and shaped some to go into the spare wheel well.

what i want to do next is to remove the seats and carpets and carry on with the underlay throughout the car.

That is my plan too. But I'm using aucustlc carpet felt. £35 a roll on eBay. Make sure you have lists of spare panel clips first though

New plan with the rear seats it to clean them up with white spirit and steel wool, then respray them black. And when ever they are down to put a protective cloth over them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links