Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternatives Recommendations To Ebc Disc And Pad Needed

phdpaul

I fitted this combination when I got my Aygo because I was led to believe they offered better quality. Well 12k miles later the discs are warped causing a very pronounced judder when decelerating from 60 mph to start. Suffice to say I'm not impressed!

Can any one recommend any credable alternatives? I use the car mostly for motorway driving to and from work and believe this probably contributed to the warping.

Any ideas welcome.

Moan over.

Ta,

Paul :)

I know alot of people b*tch about the standard of Toyota discs and pads, but after 5 years and 105000 km I still have the original discs and pads on my Aygo and when it comes to replacing them I'm going with original parts. Maybe a combination of original discs and EBC green stuff pads?

have you tried these

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Toyota_Aygo_1.0_2010/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-disc/?104545538&1&359ff05b9e0b8b04b1cf77d1ce2ba8a461edd60b&000027

pagid make discs for oem's, we have use them on a nissan micra and we had no trouble with them would buy again

Although I've found the genuine Toyota brakes to be made from butter and toast, they do do the job and well at that. I bought a full set from a Toyota dealer on eBay for £75 delivered. I opted to stick with genuine because at that price I couldn't justify going OEM and they have my trust.

However you won't go wrong with Pagid, ATE, Textar, Jurid as they are all very well respected manufacturers.

I'd say you do your homework, then decide on what's best for you.

I use the car mostly for motorway driving to and from work and believe this probably contributed to the warping.

Any ideas welcome.

I can't think why motorway driving would cause warping. You shouldn't even need the brakes most of the time.

But do you often indulge in heavy braking from high speed to stopped, and then stay stopped with the brakes applied? That could do it.

If I ever have to do a heavy stop (usually because there are traffic lights on our local bypass which occasionally fail to cooperate) I try to stop a bit short of the white line or other traffic and then allow the car to slowly creep forward or move it a foot or so at a time every few seconds for half a minute or so. This evens out the cooling of the discs and drums (otherwise they stay hot under the pads/shoes) which should reduce the chance of warping.

That's my theory anyway :flowers:

Nothing wrong with genuine, they do the job they are designed to do

PM me for prices

Kingo :thumbsup: