Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.3 2007 V 2008 D4D Power And Performance

Helirazor

I have been looking at the 4.3 2007 and 2008 models on Autotrader.

For the 2007 it gives this:-

Fuel consumption (urban)
34.9 mpg Fuel consumption (extra urban)
50.4 mpg Fuel consumption (combined)
42.8 mpg 0 - 62 mph
10.5 seconds Top speed
112 mph Cylinders
4 Valves
16 v Engine power
136 bhp Engine torque

229 lbs/ft

And for the 2008 this:-

Fuel consumption (urban)
39.2 mpg Fuel consumption (extra urban)
56.5 mpg Fuel consumption (combined)
48.7 mpg 0 - 62 mph
10.2 seconds Top speed
118 mph Cylinders
4 Valves
16 v Engine power
150 bhp Engine torque
251 lbs/ft

Can anyone explain if the difference increase in bhp, mpg, torque, top speed etc is down to a different ecu map on the same engine, or if there is an different engine in them?

Also if it is just a different ecu map is it possible to "upgrade" a 2007 to a 2008 map?

Thanks in advance...

I will be happy to be corrected, but I think that Autotrader is wrong, I had a 2009 XT-R model which was the last version that was a 136bhp, models from late 2009 onwards were 150bhp and these are different engines, so in answer to your question - no, although there is a chip kit that will do a lot for you in terms of power and economy see the forum for numerous posts on it.

Gus

I will be happy to be corrected, but I think that Autotrader is wrong, I had a 2009 XT-R model which was the last version that was a 136bhp, models from late 2009 onwards were 150bhp and these are different engines, so in answer to your question - no, although there is a chip kit that will do a lot for you in terms of power and economy see the forum for numerous posts on it.

Gus

Ditto, the 150 engine made an appearance in late 2009 on 59 plate models with facelifted front grille style. We swapped a 136 for a 150 bhp engined car, the slight increase in torque was immediately noticeable, 229 as against 251lbs/ft.

If I were in your shoes I would push my budget up a tiny bit and look for the 59 plate model with said face-lift, I've always thought they're a really good looking Rav.

Ditto, the 150 engine made an appearance in late 2009 on 59 plate models with facelifted front grille style. We swapped a 136 for a 150 bhp engined car, the slight increase in torque was immediately noticeable, 229 as against 251lbs/ft.

If I were in your shoes I would push my budget up a tiny bit and look for the 59 plate model with said face-lift, I've always thought they're a really good looking Rav.

That works for me as I had an 09 plate.

Gus

Ok thanks so much Gust and Denshaw, unfortunately I am at my budget limit for a 2007 and want a nice one with low miles FSH etc. I have been told about the "plug n play" chips, but have then heard mixed reports, some saying it you're having it done get a proper ECU remap, where as others say thay are OK!?

Hi James,

The Lindop chip is the best and most reliable one to add, there's a thread running on the forum at the moment.

Ok thanks so much Gust and Denshaw, unfortunately I am at my budget limit for a 2007 and want a nice one with low miles FSH etc. I have been told about the "plug n play" chips, but have then heard mixed reports, some saying it you're having it done get a proper ECU remap, where as others say thay are OK!?

As already said James, you won't go wrong with the Lindop chip and, to date, no one has been able to hack the Denso ECU so a remap is out of the question.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

You cannot re-map a Denso pump, the only way forward is to fit a chip kit

There are decent chip kits out there, ours being one, but anything from the Far East / China WILL be sh*te! :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ok thanks Kingo, could you PM me a price for this along with a towbar single electric harness as per the other thread please ;)

You cannot re-map a Denso pump, the only way forward is to fit a chip kit

There are decent chip kits out there, ours being one, but anything from the Far East / China WILL be sh*te! :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Are you from China then......?

• Like 1

Oi you!! I resemble that remark I'll have you know :lol:

No comment.........

620592759_o_zps95a0f632.jpg

eeeeewww Movember!!

Dear God, man! Don't bring that up again - some of us are only just recovering!!

No comment.........

620592759_o_zps95a0f632.jpg

Who painted their thumb to look like Kingo.....?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links