Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is The Starter Motor At Fault?

My first toyota

Hi. I have a 2004 2.0d4d avensis tspirit.

Iv had a problem today with the car not starting. I took it for a little drive. Parked up for less than a minute. Tried starting it again but it wouldn't start. All I got was a grinding noise and the whole car vibrating.

Got a mechanic to come to have a look at it who said it was the starter motor that needed replacing. Ruled out the Battery as I tried a jump start before with no luck. We eventually managed to get the car started by pushing it and he took it into his garage.

Does this sound like the starter motor? Glow plugs were changed in nov. No lights on dash. BP diesel. What else could it be?

All and any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

What I meant by no lights on dash is no warning lights. Sorry my mistake for not being clear.

I turn the ignition on and the dash lights up as usual. I wait for the abs and vsc light to turn off and then try to start it.

The Battery is ok I think because when I tried to jump start the car, I still had the same problem.

+1 for starter too

If it is the starter motor at least they are easy to change on the 2.0 d

Well the starter motor is £85 and hes charging me £25 labour. Thats reasonable I think.

Isn't it?

Well the starter motor is £85 and hes charging me £25 labour. Thats reasonable I think.

Isn't it?

Yes that sounds cheap to me,no more than an hours job really.

Picked up the car this morning. Starts fine. Brand new starter motor with one year guarantee was £85 + £15 labour.

Lets hope thats the end of my problems.

Thank u to all who replied.

Sounds like a good deal. Glad you're all fixed :)