Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Cd/radio For Double Din Sat Nav/radio/cd

catboy

Has any urban cruiser owners fitted after market units,(i have a 2012 D4D model),is it a straight forward exchange.I have seen on eBay units from china for about £300 proposing to able to fit Toyota models.The sat nav supplied by Toyota is £1100 a little on the expensive side,does the urban cruiser come with the wiring already in place ready for upgrade to attach a rear reversing camera or do i have to run new wires.i am assuming that fittings would be in place as it would be a big job if Toyota was upgrading for some body who had just bought a new car and wanted the upgrade.I have located a fitting kit and replacement facia panel but any advice from some one out there who has tried to fit one would be much appreciated.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I have just got a 2010 UC and want to do the same thing and replace the std radio/cd/unit with one that has Sat Nav and better bluetooth.

Did you find and fit one in the end?

any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

• 9 years later...

I read this and understood that the Urban Cruiser owner intended to replace his stock head unit with an aftermarket Chinese thing for about £300 at the time. That sucks, the Urban Cruiser has got decent Speakers. There are known to be JBL branded Speakers for the Urban Cruiser. I too was looking at head units as I quite liked the look of the Urban Cruiser B9010 Panasonic made Sat Nav head unit which has been used on other Toyota models like the Avensis and RAV4. The extortionate prices of “Toyota B9010” with no guarantee of longevity forced me to make the best decision and to get an Alpine installed. I got the ILX702D works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto fine so GoogleMaps / Waze is brill. Most importantly the sound - I did not get an upgraded amp or Speakers (but I did run a reverse camera which is integrated in the rear number plate lamp - looks factory but it’s generic aftermarket part whereby the fitting shape is shared with the 2013 Auris ie compatible with 2009/10 Urban Cruiser perfectly) Anyway Alpine ILX702D in Toyota Cruiser sounds fantastic like really really really good! So much better than the factory CD player. I’ve got connections for steering wheel controls and FM antennae. Alpine ILX702D comes with GPS antennae. All the extra wiring bits and connections you can get cheap of eBay new (i got HDMI in & out cable, rca video / stereo input and urban cruiser steering wheel controls and FM aerial connector wires of eBay). Head unit less than £420 in 2021 and installation inc rear cam wiring cost me £100 in Stamford Hill. I’ve set the lighting of the buttons of the Alpine ILX702D to match the orange lighting of the  Urban Cruiser e.g. the digital climate control display that illuminates orange so it really looks stock! Also the head unit has the nice blue “Alpine” start up screen when you switch on the car so that also looks really cool.

Alpine ILX702D 🍊 lighting matching Urban Cruiser 🍊 lighting 🫶

IMG_5221.png

I read this and understood that the Urban Cruiser owner intended to replace his stock head unit with an aftermarket Chinese thing for about £300 at the time. That sucks, the Urban Cruiser has got decent Speakers. There are known to be JBL branded Speakers for the Urban Cruiser. I too was looking at head units as I quite liked the look of the Urban Cruiser B9010 Panasonic made Sat Nav head unit which has been used on other Toyota models like the Avensis and RAV4. The extortionate prices of “Toyota B9010” with no guarantee of longevity forced me to make the best decision and to get an Alpine installed. I got the ILX702D works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto fine so GoogleMaps / Waze is brill. Most importantly the sound - I did not get an upgraded amp or Speakers (but I did run a reverse camera which is integrated in the rear number plate lamp - looks factory but it’s generic aftermarket part whereby the fitting shape is shared with the 2013 Auris ie compatible with 2009/10 Urban Cruiser perfectly) Anyway Alpine ILX702D in Toyota Cruiser sounds fantastic like really really really good! So much better than the factory CD player. I’ve got connections for steering wheel controls and FM antennae. Alpine ILX702D comes with GPS antennae. All the extra wiring bits and connections you can get cheap of eBay new (i got HDMI in & out cable, rca video / stereo input and urban cruiser steering wheel controls and FM aerial connector wires of eBay). Head unit less than £420 in 2021 and installation inc rear cam wiring cost me £100 in Stamford Hill. I’ve set the lighting of the buttons of the Alpine ILX702D to match the orange lighting of the  Urban Cruiser e.g. the digital climate control display that illuminates orange so it really looks stock! Also the head unit has the nice blue “Alpine” start up screen when you switch on the car so that also looks really cool.

IMG_5222.jpeg

IMG_5236.jpeg

IMG_5231.jpeg

IMG_5229.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links