Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Transfer

Shiner71

Hi there

I have recently bought a 07 T2 avensis saloon and I've tried to transfer the touch screen sat nav from a 07 T4 saloon

It all fits ok and powers up, but the marker on the map does not follow the mapping; everything else works fine, just the mapping thing. I was wondering if it was an aerial, the T2 seems to have the same windscreen with the black dots (I'm not even sure this relevant!) but I guess there is an aerial somewhere if anyone knows if this can be transferred or a new one fitted without too much drama I would very grateful

Thanks JJ

After a bit more poking about there is a disc of wired metal under a cover of the mirror (In the T4) glued to the screen is this the aerial?

The radio aerial on my 2007 Avensis Tx3 is built into the rear window (there's a vertical element which I assume is the aerial as opposed to the horizontal ones that are the heated elements). The black dots on the front windscreen operate the automatic headlights and the rain sensing wipers.

The T4 will have a gps antenna mounted high up under the the upper dash panel this will have to be found and swapped over to the T2. On the picture attached 86860c is the gps antenna

post-45863-0-58376900-1370979514_thumb.p

Thank you Devon Aygo

It was a well hidden piece of kit, but I managed to extricate it from under the dash and fit it successfully in the T2, all working correctly; so thanks once again I would have never of found it without the diagram :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links