Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused Re Which Engine Oil

JB0

I went to purchase some engine oil for 2l Auris d4d and I was asked if it's DFP.

I said I don't know and was also advised it's not in the manual book.

Is there a way of checking? Seemingly, there are 2 types of engine oil. DFP AND non-DFP

I could be wrong here, but it sounds like they were asking if yours is a 'DPF' model or not (Diesel Particulate Filter). If so it should tell you in the handbook towards the back pages ? I personally wouldn't worry to much about this as any decent oil is better than not having enough in it & causing damage. Don't be suckered into thinking you HAVE to have fully synthetic oil either - unless it's already got that in there. Semi-synthetic is good enough for most non-motorsport engines.

See the 'Engine Oil' topic pinned at the start of this club.

A UK supplied 2007 2.0 d4d does not have a DPF

Yea, Devon Aygo is correct an 08 2.0d Auris doesn't have a dpf (told by Toyota technician when I looked at one) so there's no way an 07 model would have one. In that case an A1 5w30 oil such as Magnetec would be perfect, a C2 5w30 oil such (intended for dpf equipped cars) as Mobil ESP 5w30 or Commas Pro-Tech would do the trick as well.

Or the TGMO supplied by your dealer 5w 30

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo,

What make and type of oil do you use on the 2.2 D-CAT during servicing at your dealership?

Cheers

It depends on model and year, but in general we use

(in bulk) The Toyota Genuine Motor Oil (TGMO) 5w 30 Premium Fuel Efficient (PFE) API CF, ACEA A5/B5, C2

Later models such as the 2.2 Dcat RAV have 0w 30 C2 put in

There is now a pinned oil thread at the top of each forum

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. I looked at my manual and found no mention of the DFP.

So when I go tomorrow to hopefully purchase engine oil, as long as it's a 5w30 oil (regardless if it's not a Toyota brand or not), it will do the job?

Also, if the previous owner used a different engine oil, and I top it up with another brand of oil - I'm presuming this will not do any harm to engine?

Finally, will the engine oil icon flash or beep if engine oil level was running low?

I think the 2 litre diesel has a Low Oil Pressure warning - rather than a Low Oil light - which will come on if the oil pressure falls below a certain level - which may also be an indication of low oil level. To be on the safe side though, you would be best doing regular oil level checks using the dipstick. Just get into a routine of checking every week or couple of weeks.

Hi folks, I have purchased the Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 c3 fully synthetic oil. Is this fine?

It's fine.