Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White Smoke From Exhaust

daglas

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2009 USED AVENSIS 2.0 D4D T4, after a few days I noticed white smoke coming from the EXHAUST WHEN STARTING THE ENGINE, I went immediately to servis and there I was told that everything is fine, can anyone tell me that this is something normal.

thank you .

A little white smoke is normal when starting from cold. Clouds of it are not though. Chances are its just condensation but keep an eye on your coolant and oil levels just in case.

Thanks ,I hope is just that ,is also a lot of soot in exhaust . I will check coolant and oil level , but for how long . :dontgetit:

Exhausts do fill with soot - don't worry, doesn't do any harm.

As the car is new to you I'd check the fluids each week until you are comfortable with them. Coolant should stay constant, oil can drop a bit. May be worth topping the oil up to the high level and then you will be able to tell how much you have had to put in and over what mileage.

The Avensis is a quality car. Enjoy it.

I know that Avensis is a quality car like all Toyota cars but as a new owner you have to understand my concern.

. Plese if you know anything that can help just let me know .

THANK YOU !!

It all sounds fine to me but you are correct to be keeping an eye on things - especially as it is new to you. Anything that causes you concern, pop it up on the forum and you will get feedback from a whole cross section of people. There are some real knowledgeable guys out there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links