Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Or Scv Issue

Windinherhair

Hi Anchorman.

Yes, we're getting our fuel at the local Esso Station... don't go near supermarket fuel any more.

In fact, the last time we filled up, we accidentally put in Supreme Diesel at £146.9 per litre (ouch). They had changed the pumps around, and we had just gone to the usual one without checking it!

We also added Forte Diesel Advance treatment and Turbo Cleaner in September.

I wonder if there are still tiny fragments of that collapsed fuel filter in the system?

Hi windin.

My mates d4d was just like as you described yours playing up under load.he could make it go into limp at will by thrashing it.

Hes a forklift engineer and quite a clever bloke.he had read on a forum somewhere about the d4d suffering with turbo problems something to do with the wastegate but the design of the turbo isnt accually a wastegate but some spinning vanes?

Cut a long story short he cleaned the turbo vanes and now no faults with it can thrash it all day with no limp and no eml light either.

Could be cause of your fault too.

Be worth cleaning the turbo and try that.

Hi Windi.

That supreme diesel you accidentally used is actually what you should be using..that OR Shell Vpower.

Although its 5p litre dearer the slight improvement it gives in MPG and the cleaner burn, overall makes it more economical than regular diesel.

iirc Charlie once did a brim to brim test which proved this to be correct.

• Like 1

Ah, that's good to know Voyager, a bit of a false economy to buy the regular stuff?

Thanks Mr M, I wonder if it is the turbo though, with the SCV fault code coming up?

Hubby took the SCVs out again last night and gave them a good clean. The car is running nicely again. I've cleared the fault code, so we'll see if anything crops up (still early days). If it recurs, and the P0627 code comes up again, we'll probably just change the SCVs.

Oh god this thread is like reading my own wows and have been since I got my Rav 18 months ago, all the same symptoms took it to Toyota in the end who said 'new turbo mate' because the fault code said 'turbo system malfunction' but it wasn't the turbo after it was stripped and checked, so saved £1450 (thanks Toyota dealer you robbing ,...,.) anyway changed sgvs no change in hiccuping and dying, changed the fuel filter, nope, cleaned the ERG that worked for about a week and then on Saturday this week it finally gave up all together and only ticks over now, and will if pushed hard on the pedal will climb to 2500rpm with no power at all, so now it's in the garage with the guy scratching his head as he can't find the fault and the code he is getting doesn't relate to a part fitted to the D4d, poor lad I have left it with him.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links